Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
TAMU-CC is a dynamic university designated as both a
Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority-Serving Institution
(MSI) with approximately 11,000 students from 47 states and 54
foreign nations. We employ over 1,400 full-time and 2,000 part-time
Islanders (including students/GAs). The University attracts highly
talented faculty and staff and offers an array of undergraduate and
graduate degrees, including doctoral programs. As a member of the
Texas A&M University System, TAMU-CC benefits from a range of
resources, increased visibility and influence, and opportunities to
collaborate in mutually beneficial ways with peers across member
institutions and associated agencies.
TAMU-CC's beautiful campus is located on a 240-acre island on
Corpus Christi Bay and was ranked #1 College by the Sea by Best
College Reviews. Our natural setting is enhanced by its modern,
attractive, and state-of-the-art classroom buildings and support
From our generous
and professional development opportunities, to
our retirement programs and our commitment to service excellence,
the Island University is an engaging and rewarding place to
Day in a Life
The Medical Receptionist is responsible for providing staff support
and performing the business activities for the University Health
How You Will Contribute:
- Collect and record patient charges for clinic and pharmacy.
Reconcile cash box and prepare receipts for deposit. Investigate
minor errors on cash transaction and resolve problems. Prepare
receipts and deposit forms according to Health Center
- Greet patients and visitors (in person or by phone); route
calls; make routine appointments.
- Disseminate general business information to students, faculty,
staff, and the general public about the Health Center clinic and
- Data entry into Electronic Medical Records system (i.e. update
personal, insurance and financial information in patient's
accounts, scan patient paperwork and medical records from other
- Prepare various work orders and manage service calls and
repairs. Send, receive, and distribute mail and
- Monitor, organize, and create orders for office and clinic
supply inventory and over the counter medications. Receive, verify,
and log receipt of goods within Health Center Electronic Medical
- Assist Directors with scheduling meetings, processing
correspondence, and managing phone calls and faxes.
- Assist RNs/providers by notifying them of patient's arrival,
supplying paperwork needed for specific appointment, and
maintaining supply of medical forms, release of information forms
and educational handouts.
- Serve on committees as requested. Participate as a member of
the University Health Center / Division of Student Engagement and
Success Team. Participate in departmental and division staff
- Promote excellent customer service and teamwork within
department and division.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years of related experience in general office,
bookkeeping, or personnel operations.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Planning and
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Experience in a medical office or acute care setting.
- Experience working in a university student health center.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TX/Medical-Receptionist_R-062707