Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the ANCC Accredited Provider Program Director.
- Develops a strategic plan for continuing education offerings based on community needs assessment and collaboration with stakeholders.
- Coordinates the planning, development, implementation, and support of the continuing education offerings.
- Administers CE sessions including scheduling presenters and marketing/notifications.
- Develops annual budget for the continuing education program and monitors monthly spending and income reports.
- Coordinates curriculum design, development, and implementation of continuing education offerings
- Coordinates CEU approval from the Continuing Education Committee
- Collaborates with faculty to identify and develop new continuing education offerings
- Conducts each program according to standards set by certifying bodies, accrediting bodies, and/or other standard-setting bodies as appropriate for the topic.
- Collaborates with other FNU administrators as needed to define, deliver and evaluate courses.
- Reviews and shares Program Evaluation summaries with the speakers and Continuing Education Committee
- Develops and provides continuous quality improvement for the continuing education program.
- Assures all continuing education offerings are in compliance with ANCC accreditation standards and maintains documentation
- Assures safekeeping and confidentiality of all educational records with accessibility only through the coordinator and/or office staff.
- Effectively collaborates with the Continuing Education Committee and across all FNU departments.
- Prepares an annual report for the university and ANCC.
- Serves as the university point of contact for content experts and external partners interested in developing continuing education offerings.
- Provide service to the University through activities such as involvement in FNU shared governance (e.g. committees, workgroups), FNU sponsored activities (e.g. charity drives, community-outreach activities), and/or service to the profession (e.g. presentations, professional organization committee work).
- Adhere to the elements of the Culture of Caring
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lead change efforts.
- Ability to travel occasionally if needed.
Education and Experience:
- Registered Nurse with an unencumbered license
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree in Education preferred
- Significant experience in developing and evaluating continuing education programs
- Experienced in using Canvas or similar software.
- Experience in using all Google software, including spreadsheets.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
This position reports to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs.
Eligible for a hybrid telecommuting agreement after 30 days of employment.