This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the
provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes
the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Lecturer of Theatre and Musical Theatre (up to 3 positions to be
Commensurate with education and experience.
Full-Time Non-Tenure Track
College of Arts & Media
Dept of Theatre and Musical Theatre
Refer Applicants To
Sam Houston State University
Department of Theatre and Musical Theatre
Huntsville, TX 77341
Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job
Sam Houston State University ( SHSU ) Department of Theatre &
Musical Theatre seeks up to three lecturers to teach musical
theatre voice and/or musicianship skills. MM, MFA, MA, or DMA in
musical theatre, voice, or related discipline required. Experience
teaching musical theatre voice and styles in studio voice classes
Educational Requirements for the Position
MM, MFA, MA, or DMA Required.
Experience Required for the Position
Teaching experience preferred.
Other Requirements for the Position
Special Instructions Summary
Please note: References provided in the References section of
the application will receive an automated email reference request
at the time the application is submitted.
Open Until Filled
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free
Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status,
citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender
identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at
will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional
terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require
background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.
Security and Fire Safety Report
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- SHSU Recruiter
- If your response to the question above was 'SHSU Employee'
please indicate employee's name and department.
(Open Ended Question)
- If your response to the question above was 'Other' please
indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you available to teach during the day?
- * Are you available to teach during the evening?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3