Department of Plant Science & Technology
The University of Missouri is seeking a skilled and detail-oriented
Lab Technician to join our team. As a Lab Technician, you will be
responsible for conducting various laboratory tests, performing
experiments, and maintaining lab equipment. The ideal candidate has
a strong background in scientific principles, excellent analytical
skills, and a commitment to maintaining a safe and organized
- Perform laboratory tests and experiments according to standard
procedures and protocols.
- Prepare samples, solutions, and reagents for testing.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Ensure the accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of test
- Record and analyze experimental data, and prepare reports
- Maintain a clean and organized laboratory space, including
proper disposal of hazardous materials.
- Collaborate with other team members to troubleshoot and resolve
- Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines to minimize risks and
maintain a safe work environment.
- Stay updated on the latest laboratory techniques, procedures,
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
$12.36 - $19.01 per hour.
GGS Grade: 004
University Title: Research/Lab Technician
Internal applicants can determine their university title by
accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of experience
from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Biology,
Chemistry, or related field).
- Previous experience working in a laboratory setting is
- Strong understanding of scientific principles and laboratory
- Familiarity with laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in data analysis and report writing.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of safety protocols and procedures.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University
offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental
and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee
discounts. For additional information on University benefits,
please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
We value the uniqueness of every individual and strive to ensure
each person’s success. Contributions from individuals with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives promote intellectual
pluralism and enable us to achieve the excellence that we seek in
learning, research and engagement. This commitment makes our
university a better place to work, learn and innovate.
In your application materials, please discuss your experiences and
expertise that support these values and enrich our missions of
teaching, research and engagement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and
applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated
ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis
of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status
protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not
be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of
religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military
organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of
Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more
information, call the Director of Employee and Labor Relations at
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of
Accessibility and ADA at 573-884-7278.
Know Your Rights
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use
the following links: