Home Org Name
JCSM Operations Budget
Jule Collins Smith Museum
Executive Assistant/Business Manager
Job Class Code
Limited Term Length
This position supports the Executive Director in numerous ways,
including financial analysis and budgeting preparation/tracking,
ensuring all financial processing is managed swiftly and
accurately, internal tracking measures are kept current; and also
with Advisory Board communications, meetings and other related
Why should YOU
consider a career with Auburn University?
- Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the
state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an
average of ten years!
- Competitive employee benefits + state retirement plan.
- Tuition assistance for you and your dependents.
- Generous leave policies (including paid parental leave!)
- The satisfaction of knowing YOU are a part of providing the
premier academic experience at Auburn and the life-changing work
our students and employees perform.
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and
thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-for-auburn.
It’s a Lifestyle:
The Auburn/Opelika area is a page right
out of Southern Living magazine with an idyllic small-town feel,
perfecting a unique balance between a close-knit community and
driving consistent growth and development. Paralleling the
exponential growth of Auburn University, the Auburn/Opelika area
boasts services and amenities that cater to any interest. We’re
proud of our top school systems, city services, award-winning
restaurants, and the infectious spirit of life in a college town.
You can find us nestled halfway between the beach and the mountains
in a lower-cost-of-living area, two hours outside of Atlanta or
Birmingham. If you’re new to Auburn, we’d love to introduce you. If
you’re already acquainted with Auburn, we’ll keep it simple: it’s
time to come home!
Auburn University is committed to a diverse
and inclusive campus environment. Visit auburn.edu/inclusion to
learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion
- Manages the financial affairs of a division by monitoring
expenditures and reimbursements and advising management on
- Manages the business operations and programs for the
- Coordinates human resources activities such as staffing
coordination for the division.
- Provides guidance to administrators and staff regarding
university and department policies and procedures.
- Develops office procedures and implements administrative
- Supervises the administration functions of the department and
composes or prepares reports and presentations.
High School Diploma or equivalent
8 years experience in administrative and financial support
Substitutions allowed for Experience:
Degrees accepted in lieu of experience, at a rate of 1 year of
relevant education per year of required experience
Minimum Skills, License, and Certifications
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Minimum Technology Skills
- Knowledge of rules and regulations related to human resource
administration, budgeting policies and practices, and contract and
Minimum License and Certifications
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office Suite; laptop/desktop,
cell phone, desk phone.
- Extensive financial processing and analysis and project
management experience; experience with Kronos as well as Auburn
University financial systems a plus.
- Experience working with board members; proactive, reliable,
ability to multi-task, works quickly, positive; demonstrated
successful experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including
Posting Detail Information
Working Hours if Non-Traditional
City position is located in:
State position is located:
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by
Job frequently requires sitting, talking, hearing, handling objects
with hands; Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching,
and lifting up to 10 pounds; Vision requirements: Ability to see
information in print and/or electronically.
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus
environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with
disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment
opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex,
religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or any other classification protected by applicable
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Writing Sample
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select how you first became aware of this opportunity.
Your response helps us determine how we can more effectively reach
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- The Tuskegee News
- Professional organization or journal
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- State Employment Service
- Social Media
- AU Job Bulletin
- Notified by an Auburn employee
- College or university Career Services
- I went to the AU Employment Website directly
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University:
- Current full-time Auburn or AUM employee within probationary
- Current full-time Auburn or AUM employee outside of
- Current part-time Auburn or AUM employee
- Not an Auburn or AUM employee
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have 8 years of experience in administrative and
financial support services OR a degree to use in lieu of some years