The IT Client Support Specialist I resolves customer problems with
applications and services. Troubleshoots problems through analysis,
testing, and discussion with customers on the phone or in person.
Coordinates with other team members to resolve problems. Assists
with the installation and maintenance of computer systems,
hardware, software, and peripherals. Ensures problem resolution and
develops supporting documentation. Assists with the deployment of
computers for use across the organization.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and
maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which
students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social
activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life
reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international
At FGCU, we prohibit any form of racism, discrimination,
intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to
preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work
in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with
different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs,
abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations,
socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and
military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide
variety of backgrounds, not just because it is the right thing to
do, but because it makes our university stronger. The University
community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive
institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and
future success of the institution.
We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this
position as we believe that our university will grow and move
forward through a commitment to equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Installs, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems,
hardware, software, and computer peripherals as documented in
departmental procedures under necessary supervision.
- Troubleshoots incoming Help Desk calls via phone and ticketing
system, and guides customers towards resolutions using basic
techniques. Returns calls with instruction from Level 2, 3 or
- Assists with device set-ups independently or under
- Creates tickets in the work order system.
- Greets onsite customers and assists with walk-in support
- Identifies hardware and software for upgrade readiness in
classroom and lab spaces. Participates in classroom readiness
activities under the guidance of Level 2, 3 or supervisor.
- Resolves basic internal customer IT problems and ensures
correct operation of FGCU owned devices.
- Assists with inventory and logs all service/repair
- Trains new Help Desk staff and students as appropriate.
Additional Job Description
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Participates in special projects and rollouts as assigned.
- Serves as essential personnel and provides assistance in the
event of an emergency on campus.
- Performs Help Desk duties remotely if needed during an
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of related full-time experience working with recent
Microsoft Windows/MacOS Platforms, recent versions of Microsoft
- Experience with configurations of the current version of
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience,
and/or certifications may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an area of
- CompTIA A+, Microsoft MCDST, Microsoft SCCM, or Apple
- Experience in supporting users in a higher education
- Experience with work order tracking systems, such as Zendesk or
- One year of experience with client-side management applications
such as SCCM, Intune.
Pay Grade: 15
- Knowledge and experience in trouble-shooting hardware, software
configurations, and basic networking configurations.
- Knowledge and experience using Windows, MacOS, Android, and IOS
- Knowledge of common Audio/Visual equipment, peripherals,
connections and controls.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths
and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in
a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and
complete simultaneous projects within deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability
to present information effectively.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity
of its student body and workforce and actively promotes an
- Ability to take the initiative to plan, organize, coordinate
and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse
demands are involved.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a diverse
community and willing to contribute to a team effort.
- Ability to manage and coordinate assignments to meet
- Ability to work independently to complete assignments.
- Ability to provide professional customer service.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to provide professional customer service.
- Ability to communicate technical guidance and instructions to
non-technical users on the use of computers and other applications
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.