Director of Dual Enrollment
Under the Direction of the VPEM, the Director of Dual Enrollment is the administrative head of the dual enrollment department. This position will develop the program’s strategic plan and seek areas to expand dual credit partnership opportunities through Trine University. The Director of Dual Enrollment position requires an individual who can provide academic and professional expertise within the dual credit programs offered to high school students, such as on-campus enrollment, the dual enrollment program, guided experience and online enrollment. This person will take the lead on approving new dual enrollment instructors/liaisons. S/he must be able to work within the community and beyond to develop strategic partnerships for the growth of Dual Enrollment and be willing to travel. The Director of Dual Enrollment and must have a thorough understanding of current academic programs and future opportunities; be flexible, visionary, creative and energetic and, possess a demonstrated capacity to lead.
- Supervise the Dual Enrollment Team
- Oversee marketing and communication plan for dual enrollment populations in order to strengthen communications
- Develop and implement a dual enrollment program short-term and long-term strategic plan
- Prepare and managing a sound budget for the department
- Responsible for NACEP Accreditation and the state of Indiana accreditation processes
- Cultivate new partnerships and manage existing ones
- Market dual enrollment programs and early college options to high schools, homeschools and school administrators
- Oversight of Faculty Liaisons
- Conduct monthly meeting of Faculty Liaisons
- Oversight of student handbook and faculty liaison handbook
- Provide ongoing customer service for students, parents, and partnering schools
- Assist with professional development sessions for dual enrollment instructors
- Travel to partnering schools to present honor cords at high school honor programs
- Conduct observations in dual enrollment classrooms to determine course rigor, classroom preparation, and student engagement
- During Peak Times process students in Slate
- Assist Dual Enrollment Team with their day to day operations
- Serve as a liaison between departments for course scheduling, curriculum, conflict resolution and other resources needed for program success.
- Cultivate, manage and maintain dual credit course listings and dual credit web pages
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, a Master’s degree in education or business related field, and five or more years of successful admission or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have an appreciation for the value of a pre-professional/graduate and undergraduate education, a valid driver’s license, enthusiasm for and ability to do significant traveling, experience and skill working with computers and software programs (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Jenzabar/EX, Slate, etc.), and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.