Career Development Services
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
Provides a variety of services, which are part of the functions of
the Career Services Center. Assist in the implementation,
scheduling, preparation, and coordination of all activities.
Collects, tallies and submits data on placement activities. Assists
in the development and implementation of statistical and
demographic data on students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as liaison between employers and Central State
- Coordinates recruiting dates and schedules and arranges office
visits for companies and other hiring entities.
- Develops and maintains files of placement credentials on
students and alumni and sends job referrals to alumni.
- Provides resumes and/or data sheets on students to employer
- Advises and counsels students regarding employment
opportunities and careers.
- Assists in resume preparation and interviewing techniques.
- Prepares co-op, internship and prospective graduates for
interviews (e.g., interview sign-up, recruiting packet, and other
- Conducts career-related seminars, information sessions and
- Monitors and maintains the career library and technology
- Writes and sends memorandums and other correspondence.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Conducts Pre-Hearing Conferences with students.
- Assists in dissemination and coordination of judicial hearing
- Conduct lower level Administrative hearings.
- Helps coordinate the training of student and faculty Appeals
and Administrative Hearing boards.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to project a positive image of the
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and
- Experience in programming special events.
- Should possess proficiency in Microsoft Access, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Word; ability to operate and interpret career
- Experience in career services office.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: Three to five years experience in structured
administrative office environment of academic counseling.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Staff - Monthly (Exempt)
Budgeted Annual Salary
Commensurate with experience
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts