Position pending new program approval by the North Carolina
State Board of Community Colleges anticipated in May of
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth
largest of NC. Community College System's 58 institutions. On our
six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve
approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color.
We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational
outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including,
but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual
orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to
cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes,
develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an
exceptional leader, who shares our institutional mission, vision,
and values, to join the team as our new Program Director, Medical
The Medical Sonography Program Director in collaboration with the
Dean of Health Sciences provides the vision and leadership required
to realize the mission of the Medical Sonography Program and the
college at large. Primary administrative responsibilities include
program development/management, budget development/management,
maintaining programmatic accreditation/external partnerships, and
providing operational supervision to full- and part-time faculty
and staff in the department. Instructional responsibilities require
a strong Medical Sonography skill set and the ability to teach
students effectively in an instructional environment. The Program
Director is a member of the full-time faculty and maintains a
teaching load with some administrative release time to carry out
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Sonography or health-related field
from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Graduate of a Medical Sonography program accredited by the
Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical
- Current American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Master's Degree or higher in Medical Sonography or a related
field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Additional ARDMS Specialty Credentials (i.e. Abdominal, Breast,
Obstetric and Gynecologic, Musculoskeletal, etc.
- 3 years of full-time clinical experience in medical
- Experience teaching medical sonography within a post-secondary
- Experience with medical sonography technology
- Experience with direct employee supervision and management,
- Experience with medical sonography national accreditation
standards and procedures, i.e. JRC-DMS.
- Experience with developing and maintaining an effective
curriculum to include outcomes assessment and program
- Greater than 3 years of full-time clinical experience in
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternative
instructional delivery systems.
- Community college teaching and/or administrative