Instructor, English (Writing Studies)
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
College Of Liberal Arts
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Writing Studies faculty in the Department of English in the
College of Liberal Arts at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
invites applications for an Instructor of English beginning in fall
2023. This is a non-tenure track, 9-month appointment. Teaching
assignments will consist primarily of first-year writing courses.
Teaching schedule may involve face to face, blended, and online
- Teaching five courses in each regular semester.
- Attending department, college, and university faculty meetings,
as well as graduation ceremonies in the fall or spring.
- Participating in Writing Studies Track Governance.
- Participating in departmental governance.
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is a vibrant, Hispanic
Serving Doctoral Research Institution that proudly provides a solid
academic reputation, renowned faculty, and highly rated degree
programs since 1947. The University has a heritage of teaching
excellence with innovation in research and community engagement as
part of the distinguished Texas A&M System. The only university
in the nation located on its own island, at the heart of the Texas
Gulf Coast. With palm tree lined pathways throughout the campus,
nearby natural wetlands, a scenic hike-and-bike trail and pristine
views of the beach and bays, Texas A&M University-Corpus
Christi is a first-choice institution.
- An MA. in Rhetoric and Composition, Writing Studies, Technical
Communication, or a related field at the time of appointment from a
regionally accredited institution.
- Experience teaching college-level writing.
- Experience teaching in Learning Communities
- A culturally responsive approach to scholarship and
TO APPLY: https://www.tamucc.edu/human-resources/careers/index.php
All required documentation must be submitted to be considered for
A completed application will include:
1. A letter of interest addressing qualifications listed above
(including teaching philosophy)
2. Sample syllabus for first year composition
3. Curriculum vitae, including copies of unofficial transcripts for
4. Three professional references including name, address, title,
telephone number, and email addresses
The job posting will remain open until a finalist has been
selected. Applicants are encouraged to apply by Friday, June 2,
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TX/Instructor--English--Writing-Studies-_R-061579