Assistant Professional Professor, Computer Science
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
College of Engineering - Computing Sciences
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Department of Computing Sciences in the College of Engineering
at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi invites applications for
two 9-month, non-tenure track, Assistant Professional Professor
positions in Computer Science to begin fall 2023.
The newly formed College of Engineering aims to elevate its
visibility in education, innovation, and research. The department
has successful programs in computer science and geographical
information science and offers an interdisciplinary PhD program in
Geospatial Computer Science. The department is an active community
of 21 full-time faculty members, and 350 BS, 250 MS, and 20 PhD
students. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values of the
College of Engineering. Applicants from historically
underrepresented groups, and candidates with demonstrated
commitments to the diversity and excellence in a higher education
environment are particularly encouraged to apply. Information about
the department is available at
Texas A&M University Corpus Christi -
The basic job requirements for the positions include:
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate-level courses as
- Supporting the instructional needs of the Computer Science
- Mentoring undergraduate and graduate students.
- Participating in and contributing to department's service
- Representing the department in regional and national computing
functions as appropriate.
Required Qualifications for the positions include
- An earned Ph.D. in Computer Science or a closely related field.
Advanced ABD will be considered; degree must be conferred at the
time of appointment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with an ethnically and
culturally diverse campus community.
Preferred Qualifications for the positions are:
- Demonstrated excellence in or potential for teaching at the
undergraduate and/or graduate levels.
- Experience in teaching a wide variety of computer science
TO APPLY: https://www.tamucc.edu/human-resources/careers/index
All required documentation must be submitted to be considered for
A completed application will include:
1. A letter of application addressing the qualifications listed,
including a statement of teaching philosophy,
2. A brief statement on your views on diversity and/or your
experience in diverse professional settings. This can be provided
as either a separate document or part of the cover letter
3. A current curriculum vitae including an email address,
4. Copies of your unofficial transcripts for graduate coursework,
5. A list of three professional references including name, address,
title, telephone number, and email addresses.
The job posting will remain open until a finalist has been
selected. Applicants are encouraged to apply by April, 16th,
TAMU-CC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TX/Assistant-Professional-Professor--Computer-Science_R-059635