Home Org Name
ACES Admin Offset
AL Cooperative Extension System
Executive Assistant- AL Cooperative Extension System
Job Class Code
Limited Term Length
This is an internal opportunity for current full-time Auburn
University and Alabama Cooperative Extension System ( ACES )
employees. This does not include TES workers.
The Alabama Cooperative Extension System ( ACES ) is seeking
applications for an Executive Assistant. The position provides
executive level administrative support for the Alabama Cooperative
Extension System ( ACES ). Under general supervision by the ACES
Director, the Executive Assistant of Alabama Cooperative Extension
System manages office operations, develops documents both internal
and external to ACES including, but not limited to, county, state,
and federal partners, external stakeholder groups, and ACES
auxiliary units (AL 4-H Center, AL 4-H Foundation, County Offices,
and the Graham Farm and Nature Center). This position works
independently on ongoing and special projects, exercises
discretion, and deals with information on a sensitive and
- Assists the Director of the Alabama Cooperative Extension
System ( ACES ) for all meetings, maintains files, calendars, and
confidential information. Coordinates and maintains the Director’s
calendar and schedules and resolves scheduling conflicts. Plans and
coordinates meetings with different groups, committees, and
individuals: receptions and other events consisting of determining
dates, location, menu, set up, and ordering whatever is needed for
the event(s). Records and transcribes minutes of meetings for
record as needed.
- Assists with the Director’s calendar and scheduling.
Coordinates complicated travel arrangements and reimbursement
requests for the Associate Director(s) and other members of the
leadership team(s) as requested.
- Compiles information and prepares reports/presentations and
drafts routine correspondence, agendas, etc.
- Assists with the Director’s calendar and scheduling. Prepares
complicated travel assignments and reimbursements. Coordinates
complicated travel arrangements for the Associate Director(s) and
others as assigned, as well as travel
- Interacts with Auburn University and Alabama A&M University
( AAMU ) officials and special
groups and maintains positive relationships throughout Auburn
University and AAMU .
- Serves as the Directors liaison in supporting the ACES
Disaster/Emergency Preparedness Response/Recovery/Relief Teams
statewide. This function serves as a conduit to other county,
state and federal partners (County officials, state entities such
as ADEM, and federal agencies
such as USDA ).
- Serves as the backup to the administrative support functions
for all Assistant Directors for County Operations (seven
- Coordinates meetings specific to ACES for both campuses by
working with staff on both campuses for scheduling, reserving
meeting rooms, recording and transcribing minutes for
record, and assisting in other administrative functions (document
preparation and review,
presentation preparation, spreadsheets, etc.).
- Assists the Director in meeting preparation specific to
Southern Region Workgroups, Southern Region Program Leadership
Network, and other leadership events throughout the year.
- Serves as the AU United Way lead for all of ACES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate’s Degree, no specific discipline
5 years of experience as an executive
administrative assistant with progressively increasing levels of
responsibility and accountability.
Minimum Skills, License, and Certifications
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Minimum Technology Skills
- Advanced knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills with experience providing complex
administrative support in a high-profile environment with tact and
- Excellent leadership skills including the ability to lead and
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently to accomplish assigned goals in a
timely manner and ability to work with detailed information with
attention to accuracy.
- Strong familiarity with Extension work.
Minimum License and Certifications
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Previous experience using Banner software, to include Banner
- Previous experience processing University vendor vouchers and
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with the Alabama Cooperative Extension System
Posting Detail Information
Working Hours if Non-Traditional
City position is located in:
State position is located:
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus
environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with
disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment
opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex,
religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or any other classification protected by applicable
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please utilize the attachment feature and attach the following:
cover letter, resume and professional references. Only complete
application materials will be accepted for review.
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Documents Needed to Apply
Optional DocumentsSupplemental Questions
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select how you first became aware of this opportunity.
Your response helps us determine how we can more effectively reach
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- The Tuskegee News
- Professional organization or journal
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- State Employment Service
- Social Media
- AU Job Bulletin
- Notified by an Auburn employee
- College or university Career Services
- I went to the AU Employment Website directly
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University:
- Current full-time Auburn or AUM employee within probationary
- Current full-time Auburn or AUM employee outside of
- Current part-time Auburn or AUM employee
- Not an Auburn or AUM employee
- * Do you have an Associate's degree or higher from an
- * Do you have 5 years of experience as an executive
administrative assistant with progressively increasing levels of
responsibility and accountability?