At Unity Environmental University we are on a mission to make
environmental education accessible and affordable to all. Our
unique model combines a functional hierarchy and project-based
structure through our four Sustainable Education Business Units
(SEBUs) to promote collaboration and innovation (Distance
Education, Sustainable Ventures, Hybrid Learning and the Technical
Institute for Environmental Professions). We prioritize our
students' needs above all else, offering a variety of modalities,
including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online. Our innovative and
inclusive culture prepares students to tackle real-world challenges
and cultivate the next generation of environmental professionals
and leaders who can make a positive impact on our world.
We are dedicated to delivering quality education and experiences
that produce outstanding environmentally competent professionals
and inspire individuals from all walks of life to steward
About Sustainable Ventures:
Sustainable Ventures represents the real-world application of Unity
Environmental University's curriculum through a range of lifestyle
brands, including hospitality, retail, agriculture, and other
environmentally and socially conscious businesses. We also offer
curated learning opportunities in the form of non-degree,
non-credit courses, upskilling programs, workforce training, and
micro-credentials that serve the needs of employers and businesses.
We believe that sustainability is key to long-term business success
and tailor our messaging to each location and Venture. At Unity
Environmental University: Sustainable Ventures, we serve as an
incubator for products and services designed to appeal to a broad
audience, helping to maximize non-tuition revenue and generate
diverse income streams. Our goal is to demonstrate that
sustainability and profitability can go hand in hand, creating a
better world for all.
position performs simple manual work
necessary to maintain cleanliness, orderliness, appearance and
sanitation inside and in the immediate area of Unity Environmental
University : Sky Lodge buildings and facilities, including the
restaurant. Assigned areas may include the lodge, cabins, houses,
bedrooms, common areas, and the kitchen. Instructions received may
be verbal, written, and electronically. The Housekeeper supports
and is supported by other members of the Unity Environmental
University : Sky Lodge work unit and works with all constituencies
to realize the Unity Environmental University Mission and Strategic
Unity Environmental University Sky Lodge is a historic cabin resort
and campus on more than 150 acres in picturesque northern Maine.
The lodge providesrusticelegance with sweeping views of the
mountains and is the largest fully log lodge east of the
Mississippi River. Moose River and Jackman, ME offer year-round
activities for every interest and season, from snowmobiling to
golfing to canoeing. The beauty of Sky Lodge is matched only by the
authentic hospitality of our seasoned staff and energetic students.
In addition to being a full-service resort for our guests, Sky
Lodge is a living and learning classroom, offering students the
opportunity to learn and practice the practical implementation of
their classroom theory.
Day to day responsibilities:
Do you have the skills?
- Works to establish safe and healthful environments for guests,
students, staff, and faculty.
- Upholds green cleaning standard operating procedures.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and vacuums hallways, stairs, office
space, cabins, houses, bedrooms, and common areas.
- Makes beds and changes out towels as needed.
- Picks up and empties waste receptacles, and replaces liners as
needed. Recycles and composts in accordance with local and state
- Is a champion for the Unity Environmental University and Sky
Lodge when interacting with guests
- Changes light bulbs.
- Shovel’s snow and debris from sidewalks and emergency exit
doors; salts as needed.
- Cleans screens, washes windows, trashcans, and other
- Cleans restrooms and replenishes supplies.
- Cleans BBQ and outdoor areas of cabins.
- Cleans and dusts floors and furnishings.
- Does laundry for all rooms as required.
- Waxes floors as required/directed.
- Washes walls as required/directed.
- Vacuums and shampoos carpeting.
- Assists with moving furniture as needed/required.
- Maintains cleanliness of kitchen.
- Ensures all dishware, utensils, trays, and pots are clean and
sanitized in a timely manner.
- Distributes clean dishware and utensils into designated areas
in the server and dining area and arranges them in an orderly
- Ensures clean trays and pots are always available to production
- Ensures that work area is always clean, and floor is free from
grease and debris.
- Occasionally supports staff as needed by ensuring proper
storage of clean items and polishing or cleaning silver and
- Maintain confidentiality of guest and proprietary information,
protecting company assets.
- A passion for the environment and creating a sustainable
- Maintain appearance and uniform standards.
- Works hours as assigned including but not limited to nights,
weekends, and holidays.
- Supports special events as required.
- Pro-actively communicate challenges, successes, and failures
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks & projects with attention
- Ability to look for, suggest, and implement improved
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently as
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
safety data sheets, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Must possess a positive attitude.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be willing to participate in a learning environment.
- Must integrate Unity Environmental University values throughout
- Ensures compliance with established Unity Environmental
University : Sky Lodge policies & procedures.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards as
- Demonstrates a professional image to all guests, staff, and
other members of the University.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word,
- Knowledge ofcomputerized maintenance management information
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational
structure, maintaining open lines of communication while being
discreet,courteousand well poised.
Are you contemplating the job but uncertain if you should
apply? We encourage you to reach out to us regardless. At our
company, we acknowledge that not everyone begins their professional
journey with equal advantages, opportunities, or privileges.
Therefore, we value your unique skills and experiences. Take a
chance and submit your application; you may be precisely the
individual we're searching for!
- 1 - 2 years’ housekeeping or custodial experience.
Work hours are specific to the requirements of this position and
can include days, evenings, weekends. Working extended hours may be
required as needed and Unity Environmental University employees
must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling their
responsibilities while meeting the Universities needs.
Although at Unity Environmental University Enterprise employees are
generally scheduled to work at their base location, there are times
when travel is necessary and employees are required from time to
time to attend events, meetings or work temporary assignment at any
Unity Environmental University location.
While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required
to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to
stand or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus. The use of either hand for
repetitive movements such as grasping, grasping, and turning, and
fine manipulation is required as is the ability to use the
telephone for internal and external communications.
Unity Environmental University offers a comprehensive and
competitive compensation and benefits package for its faculty and
staff. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid holidays off
- 4 weeks of PTO
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan with up to 8% match
- Relocation Assistance