The WGCU OPS Reporter will produce radio news content and host on
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
Additional Job Description
- Produces and hosts a 5-hour shift on both Saturday and Sunday,
and writes, edits and produces radio news content in the other 5-6
- Deliver digital files to the appropriate people for
- Pulls appropriate content for broadcast from news sources.
- Collaborate and contribute to story concepts, research,
background materials and share newsmaker contacts with colleagues
- May fill-in during holidays or vacation time for other
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Communications or Journalism college major or Bachelor’s Degree
- One year of professional experience, or an internship with
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience,
and/or certifications may be considered.
- Excellent on-air voice quality and presence.
- Valid driver’s license.
Skilled in the basic use of journalism principles and
Experience in news writing, reporting, digital recording, and
digital production skills.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
Ability to collect, analyze, organize and present information in a
Ability to use microphones, portable recording devices for audio,
video and radio/studio production equipment.
Ability to assist news reporters and hosts with shows.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.