The Groundskeeper 1 is a full-time, benefits eligible, non-exempt
position that supports campus operations as a first response for
groundskeeping tasks in assigned areas. Groundskeepers perform
general grounds and maintenance work to include grass cutting,
weeding, landscaping, pest control, snow removal, and event
set-ups, with possibility of athletic field support. The incumbent
must have general knowledge and experience in various aspects of
groundskeeping and familiarity with regulations pertaining to use
of herbicides and pesticides is preferred. This position reports to
the Crew Leader or Supervisor and will generally interact with
faculty, staff, students, trades personnel and outside
This position is classified as part of essential services.
Individual is required to report to work even if campus has a
delayed opening, early closing, or is closed due to the nature of
the work. If the individual has concerns regarding their personal
safety, please speak with your supervisor
● Primarily perform routine
landscaping tasks within assigned areas including weeding, pruning,
and mulching, mowing, seeding, edging, trimming, planting,
including the maintenance and use of tools and equipment to
accomplish these duties (e.g. skid steer, backhoe, mowers,
Support University special events including but not limited to
event set-ups, operating vehicles and equipment and snow
Application of herbicides, pesticides, chemicals, and fertilizers
may be required depending upon the successful candidate's
experience and certifications
● Work as a team member with others in coordinating all phases of
● Adhere to OSHA standards, employ safe practices, and follow
safety policies/procedures. Use PPE in a safe manner, set examples
for other, and notify supervisor of potential hazards.
● Support and promote the University's sustainability efforts (e.g.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● One year of grounds
maintenance experience, including demonstrated use of related tools
● A current and valid driver's license. Post offer driver history
check, with a safe driving record for the past three years
● General knowledge and experience in various aspects of
● Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written
● Demonstrated ability to perform work in a safe and appropriate
● Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
● Continued or continuing
education in vocational training or related areas.
● Pesticide License/Certification
● A valid Commercial Driver's License
● Ability to move around work
sites, climb ladders, scaffolds and walkways, and enter/exit
trenches, crawl spaces, confined areas,and elevated areas.
● Move, lift and carry up to 75 pounds with or without
accommodation Daily exposure to dust, dirt, weather and temperature
● Must use proper safety equipment for hearing, head, eye, feet,
hand, and body protection.
● Use of mechanical and power equipment.
● Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather
conditions and in all seasons.
This is a full time, year round, benefits eligible position.
This role is not budgeted for visa sponsorship at this time, all
candidates must be authorized to work in the US at the time of
submission of the application.
This is an non-exempt position with a hiring range of
$16.03-$18.86. The offer rate will be based on a review of the
candidate's credentials compared to the qualifications of the
position, internal equity, and our overall compensation
Eligible full- and part-time
employees are compensated beyond base salary through our total
rewards package that includes (but is not limited to)
- Flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- Medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term
disability insurance options
- Outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan (no
contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- Generous paid time off, including vacation and sick time, a
community service day, and 19 paid holidays (including two full
weeks off for Winter Break!)
- Tuition benefits for the employee, spouse/spousal equivalent, and
children (eligibility restrictions vary depending upon the
program)- Comprehensive employee wellness program including program
- Other exceptional benefits offerings including parental leave, an
employee assistance program, fitness center membership, and the
power of your Bucknell ID card
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, click
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces
diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks candidates who will
contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of
a diverse campus community. We endeavor to enhance our capacity to
value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity
brings. We encourage all individuals to apply and do not
discriminate in admissions, employment, educational programs and/or
activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin,
age, religion, disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity
and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status,
military or veteran status, or genetic information.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/497194/groundskeeper-i