Reading Specialist/WALC (UEC)
California State University, San Bernardino
Excluded, Administrative, At-Will, Part Time,
On-site (work in-person at business location)
About University Enterprises Corporation at
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the
university's educational mission by providing quality services that
complement the instructional program. The University depends upon
UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds.
We're responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but
not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending
services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and
local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, part time, benefitted position through 6/30/2023
(Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of
funds, availability of work and satisfactory job
Salary: $28.00-$38.00 per hour.
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Up to 20 hours per week. Monday-Thursday 1-6PM.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be
reviewed beginning 2/14/2023.
Education: Earned master's degree in literacy or a related
field and a teaching credential
Experience: A Credentialed teacher with Reading/Literacy
Instruction experience at the K-5 level; A Reading/Literacy
coaching experience will be a plus
- Provide directives to tutors.
- Develop cordial relationships with the WALC team, students
(tutees), and their parents.
- Direct tutors in the evaluation and incorporation of the
classroom teacher's directives.
- Train and oversee tutors in developing and implementing
individualized lesson plans.
- Review student achievement and convey to parents and/or assist
tutors in this capacity.
- Provide oversight to tutors on creating, updating, and
maintaining tutees' files.
- Select, administer, and evaluate diverse literacy
- Teach tutors how to interpret test results and the selection of
literacy intervention strategies.
- Align instructional strategies with the California Common Core
State Standards: Language Arts.
- Implement research-based programs or interventions that propel
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of the
- Must be engaging and able to work with diverse
- Must have the ability to multitask.
- The Watson & Associates Literacy Center requires a strong
work ethic, flexibility, and a commitment to good customer
- Must have experience with and a strong understanding of
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with parents
and explain educational terminology.
- Must pass the DOJ/FBI background check and the national sex
offender registry check.
- Must be able to provide documentation that you are a United
States citizen, or have
the authorization to work in the United States.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Experience working as a Reading Specialist
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a
diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal
opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of
non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex,
gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital
status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,
pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a
disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC
Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the
hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises
Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If
you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation
if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's
career website as a result of your disability. You may request
reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position
will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a
sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a
thorough background investigation to include a criminal history
check prior to appointment.
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu