We are Chicago's Jesuit, Catholic University. Our faculty, staff, and students come from all faiths and backgrounds, but together, we strive toward the same goal, being men and women for and with others. But what makes a Jesuit university different? Our students receive an education that stresses the importance of knowledge, curiosity, global perspectives, and cura personalis, which translates to “care for the whole person.”
Loyola University Chicago is a great place to work! We aim to provide excellent benefit offerings, a diverse, inclusive and equitable campus environment, and a work experience designed to help faculty, staff, and students develop personally and professionally through collaborative engagement. Thank you in advance for your interest in working at Loyola University Chicago.
Directs, plans and leads University research activities and related activities of the educational, administrative and support services occurring within the University that is used to support decision-making.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct descriptive research to support the University’s strategic goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Supervise IR analysts and senior program administrators
- Coordinate administration, analysis, and reporting of internal and external reports.
- Coordinate and prepare reports and presentations for the President’s office, Provost’s office and Deans.
- Prepare and generate transactional data and reports needed for the assessment of student learning, planning, decision making, and program review.
- Collaborate on analysis of research questions and provide institutional data for program review, as necessary, in support of university operations.
- Determine sequence and scope of institutional research projects.
- Oversee IR project management using Monday.com
- Collaborate with ITS staff to prepare and submit required institutional reports for State and federal agencies.
- Review and maintain the university fact book and other data visualizations created from officially reported data
- Establish and monitor standards for data entry and use of collected data, including maintaining data integrity.
- Supply data to support grant applications.
- Provide support to faculty and deans regarding documentation and collection of course, program, and institutional assessment and outcomes data for the purpose of helping to improve student learning, services, and programs.
- Remain current regarding national and State research relating to higher education.
- Responsible for federal and compliance reporting under the supervision of the Associate Provost and Director of OIE.
- Lead data integrity projects to ensure clean data in reporting
- Collaboratively work with the Associate Provost and Director of OIE to identify business process that need to be refined in accordance with data integrity analysis findings.
- Serve as external research contact person.
- Support data governance initiatives.
- Other duties as required.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred. 3-5 years of experience doing high level institutional research work.
Advanced Social/Behavioral/Organizational analytic knowledge and skills in an academic educational setting.
Advanced Research skills:
• Enterprise Database knowledge and Query/Extraction Experience
• Statistics and Predictive Analytics/Business Intelligence
• Software Tools Experience (spreadsheet, database, visualization)
Strong Oral and Writing Skills:
• Evidence of Writing and Oral Communication Skills
• Scholarly Written Reports Demonstrating Analytic and Communication Skills
• Presentation Experience to Diverse Audiences using Visualization Tools
Loyola University Chicago, as an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, abides by all applicable provisions of federal, state and local law. Loyola does not discriminate in its employment policies and practices on the basis of race, color, religion (except where religion is a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification for the job), national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable law.