Reporting to the Executive Director of Admission, the primary duties in this role are split between territory management and the oversight of all Admissions on-campus events. The office typically hosts multiple large events each year, and the person in this position is responsible for the planning, implementation, and review of each event. Coordination of staffing for events includes providing direction to admissions colleagues and admissions student ambassadors, as well as to other members of the campus community including faculty, administrators, and coaches. In addition, the event coordinator will lead, plan, and implement admissions procedures, operations, correspondence and contact with prospective students, applicants, and matriculating students for a primary recruitment territory. The candidate will perform outreach and engagement with potential students, create presentations, evaluate candidates for admission and independently make decisions on recommendations for admission and scholarship, and use financial aid knowledge to evaluate and counsel students in personal interviews.
- Oversee the scheduling, planning and implementation of 12-15 large events a year.
- Co-Coordination of the student Ambassador Program
- Manage a primary market to build relationships with high schools to increase the visibility of St. Lawrence to increase inquires, applications to meet institutional enrollment goals.
- Conduct student interviews and write-ups and follow-up communication.
- Execute recruitment travel plan.
- Read and analyze applications and essays to make recommendations on the admissibility of a student’s application for admission.
- Represent the department and University at special events, college fairs and programs both on and off campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid driver’s license
- Minimum of 2 years related experience is required. An advanced degree and at least one year of related experience may be considered.
- Experience with high-profile event planning in a higher education setting preferred.
- Experience in student recruitment, territory management, interviewing prospective students and application review preferred.
- Must be able to make independent decisions using sound judgement.
- Personal and professional integrity, poise, maturity, and independent judgment, and the ability to operate autonomously and make strategic decisions.
- Strong strategic, organizational, and project management skills; proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Qualities of creativity, flexibility, self-motivation, accountability, high energy, and a positive attitude are required.
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team and build effective relationships. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Previous experience managing volunteer staff preferred.
- Ability to travel during segments of the recruiting cycle and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Candidates with unique skills and experience beyond the minimum requirements may be considered for the Associate level.
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Florence Hines, Vice President for Enrollment Management and Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid, email@example.com.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.