Adjunct Faculty, Educational Work Experience
Internal Position Title:
Adjunct Faculty, Educational Work
: Engineering/Math/Phy Sci Div
College of Lake County is seeking Adjunct Instructors to teach the
Educational Work Experience and Cooperative Education courses.
Classes are offered in person at all campus locations (Grayslake,
Waukegan, Vernon Hills), and online anytime.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community
college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an
innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths
for our students by offering exceptional learning
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and
community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty,
staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake
County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers
in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, Education, College
Student Personnel, or related field.
2. Teaching experience and/or facilitating workshops or
presentations within an educational institution.
3.Competency in technologies commonly used in college-level
4. Ability to communicate effectively with varying levels of
students, staff, and external customers.
5. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with
persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities;
demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students, faculty, and staff, including those
with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Teaching experience at the college or university level.
2. Bilingual in Spanish and English
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
This posting will be used to
obtain a pool of qualified candidates. As teaching needs arise,
applications will be reviewed for possible interviews. The number
of adjunct faculty hired varies from semester to semester,
depending upon the needs of the department. Adjunct faculty hires
and assignments are coordinated by the department chairs.The
Faculty Success Framework illustrates the fundamental elements of a
faculty member’s career at CLC. Its purpose is to support a culture
of continual faculty development and to provide full but flexible
paths for faculty to both consistently contribute to student
success efforts and cultivate professional fulfillment. Our Guiding
Principles for Teaching and Learning Excellence (CLC CARES) outline
the qualities we expect CLC faculty will exemplify in their
professional and pedagogical engagement with students.Applications
will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Your application can remain
under consideration for the academic year. You may check your
status at any time by logging into firstname.lastname@example.org with your
username and password. Thanks for being patient with the adjunct
faculty hiring process.
Per adjunct contract
Total Hours Per Week:
Per class schedule
Per class schedule
Software Testing Required:
Interview Process Requirements:
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Summary of Essential Functions:
• Teach the EWE courses as scheduled each academic semester.
• Select, prepare, and maintain the current curriculum, course
outline, and instructional materials.
• Provide instructional support to students and refer, when
appropriate, to resources at the college.
• Provide the division and students a syllabus that includes course
objectives and learning outcomes, attendance policies in line with
those of the college, texts and readings, timelines and evaluation
criteria, and any other information required by the College,
Division, or departmental policy.
• Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course
objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects,
discussions, and/or examinations. Provide feedback in a timely
manner on student progress.
• Maintain office, discipline, grade, and division records as
required by the college.
• Be available for student consultation by phone, email, or in
• Use the appropriate College policies and procedures to resolve
and document student complaints, concerns, and problems.
• Meet all classes at the scheduled time.
• Submit all final grades electronically prior to the required
• Attend required adjunct meetings in the fall and spring
• Participate in college governance and other aspects of academic
• Faculty members are expected to remain current in compliance
training, including compliance under Title IX “Responsible
Employee” and, if applicable, Clery Act Campus Security
• Perform other duties as assigned by the department chair or
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/23121