Marketing + Communication is looking for an experienced, data-driven and results-focused Director of SEO + Online Marketing to join our team. The Director of SEO + Online Marketing must have excellent leadership skills, a proven record of effective campaign and budget management and in-depth knowledge of all digital marketing tools, platforms and marketing channels (SEO, AdWords and other PPC, social media and applicable tools, content development, E-mail Marketing tools, WordPress, etc.).
The Director of SEO + Online Marketing is accountable for ESU’s external online content presence including university-wide external strategy, emporia.edu website, social media oversight, measurement, analytics and optimization. Additional responsibilities include developing out-of-the-box strategies to increase brand awareness, producing reports and presentations, liaising with campus partners and stakeholders, approving projects and coordinating with designers, marketers and copywriters - ensuring all digital marketing efforts are integrated with relevant university functions to achieve objectives.
- Develop overall digital content strategies for Emporia State University to drive enrollment, student retention; increase total engagement; partner to support increased athletic, arts and event ticket sales and more.
- Lead, manage and execute ESU digital content strategy and oversee social media efforts, provide direction for and supervise university social media manager.
- Set digital KPIs and monitor team progress, ensuring digital content and organizational objectives are met.
- Manage digital content footprint of ESU – working with in-house staff and contracted vendors. This includes all online operations that are public facing.
- Determine, set and lead strategy and best practices for SEO and digital directory management. Create content that advances SEO strategy.
- Upgrade website according to SEO best practices.
- Work closely with agency partners to track and measure the performance of all digital marketing channels and propose optimization initiatives to maximize organic and paid marketing ROI.
- Online Reputation Management: author and implement online digital reviews plan for growth in the number of reviews and ratings, as well as monitoring reviews and commenting in a timely fashion
- Communicate on a regular basis with all stakeholders including IT, Marketing, Admissions, Advancement and Athletics to ensure all digital efforts are fully synced up.
- Plan and manage incremental budget across all digital marketing channels and platforms.
- Keep abreast of the latest digital marketing trends and continued advancements in digital marketing technologies and best practices.
- Keep a close eye on the competition, determine realistic benchmarks and develop strategies to gain a competitive edge.
- Constantly strive to discover and adopt emerging digital marketing technologies & innovations, as well as new platforms and systems to optimize organizational productivity and effectiveness.
- Degree in Marketing or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in Digital Marketing management role preferred.
- 5+ years of experience developing and implementing digital marketing strategies.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with website builds and management in WordPress, including SEO optimization with a keyword strategy, Google Analytics and CRM software.
- Experience with, and a fundamental understanding of, digital content and platforms.
- Proven results in effective campaign management and implementation leading to achieving set target objectives.
- Strong knowledge and experience with online marketing tools and best practices.
- Proven track record of effective budget planning and management.
- Proven ability to interpret analytics reports and produce actionable insights.
- Knowledge of web design and management procedures.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, professional maturity, integrity and discipline.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills, including topnotch editing and proofing capabilities.
- Create and maintain project schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and take initiative to solve problems immediately if they arise.
- Proactive, motivational, inclusive, mentoring and encouraging approach.
- Salary: $65,000 - $71,000 commensurate to experience.
- Emporia State University offers a generous benefit package. Find out more about our health benefits, retirement options, paid time off, dependent and spouse tuition waiver program, and many other benefits at this link.
To apply, upload a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references at https://shorturl.at/ctV35
A background check and official transcripts are required prior to hire.
Review of Application Materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
For more information
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.