Administrator, Legal, Audit and Compliance
University Job Family
Legal, Audit & Compliance
For more information on ORP, visit:
Scope of Search
Investigations and Compliance Manager
Is this employee on a H1B Visa?
VP Health Sciences
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave
package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an
opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Office of the Senior Vice President for Health Sciences at VCU
enthusiastically seeks applicants for an Investigations and
Compliance Manager who will play a pivotal role in managing
personnel investigations/inquiries on the health sciences campus
and oversee compliance activities. This position serves as the
primary compliance administrator for the VP’s office and is
- Manage all aspects of assigned personnel investigations in VCU’s
health sciences schools/units, utilizing expert techniques in the
inquiry process. Includes fact-finding, conducting interviews,
preparing reports, offering recommendations for resolution, etc.
Independently case manages personnel inquiries from start to
finish, keeping leadership apprised of progress. Advises management
on next steps and provides expert consulting on integrity and
- Coordinate with the Office of Equity and Access Services on any
civil rights matters, and partner closely with the University
Counsel’s Office, the Integrity and Compliance Office, and VCU
Human Resources on process and recommendations, as needed.
- Serve as a partner in consulting on personnel matters and
offering guidance to managers and leadership as needed. May
participate as a third party in mediation sessions, appeal
hearings, and other activities.
- Provide expert consulting to the health sciences school/units on
general compliance matters, serving as a front line resource for
leadership and acting as the primary liaison between the health
sciences campus and the Integrity and Compliance Office.
- Oversee all compliance activities within the Office of the Senior
Vice President and coordinate with risk/compliance officers in the
health sciences schools and units to ensure campus compliance needs
are being met.
- Routinely identify and develop solutions for risk/compliance
gaps, offering recommendations to senior leadership.
- Create and implement monitoring plans based on identified risk
needs, assessing regularly to ensure adherence.
- Develop and deliver training related to risk and compliance
practices as needed.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and
student environment and a commitment to doing so at VCU
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a risk and compliance
or personnel investigations role
- Demonstrated experience conducting workplace investigations and
high-level knowledge of best practices and techniques in the
- Demonstrated ability to remain neutral in investigating employee
matters and to maintain strict confidentiality in handling
- Knowledge of laws and regulations surrounding employment, as well
as VCU’s faculty and staff employment policies and procedures
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory requirements and an
understanding of risk and compliance procedures, protocols, and
best practices, with demonstrated experience consulting on
- Experience developing and implementing monitoring plans based on
specific risk areas or compliance needs
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, with the
ability to interact successfully at all levels of the
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the
ability to prioritize assignments and meet sensitive
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and creatively, and to
guide others in decision-making
Preferred Hiring Standards
- An advanced degree, or professional certification related to
- Experience performing related job duties in a public university
- Familiarity with the complexities surrounding discrimination,
harassment, and retaliation matters
- Experience consulting on personnel matters
Required Licenses/ Certifications
Anticipated Hiring Range
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Process/Additional Information
Updated as of 8/24/21:
More information about the Office of the Senior Vice President for
Health Sciences can be found at https://healthsciences.vcu.edu/
. Please address any questions regarding this posting to
Normal Work Days/Hours
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Job Open Date
Posting will close on or before
Open Until Filled
Is this a restricted position?
Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- * Please indicate below your highest level of education.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some College
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Juris Doctorate
- Doctorate Degree
- * Please describe your experience managing personnel
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe how you foster diversity, equity, and
inclusion in your day to day work.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document