NURSING LAB COORDINATOR - PART TIME
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is currently seeking Nursing Lab Coordinators -
Part Time. A Nursing Lab Coordinator - Part Time is responsible for
providing nursing skills demonstrations, monitoring student
performance, creating lab schedules, and handling laboratory
matters which arise.
The mission of Malcolm X College is to provide accessible liberal
arts and health-focused education that fosters personal and
professional achievement. To fulfill this mission, we focus on the
following core values: accountability, community, diversity,
empowerment, learning, and respect.
- Assists students in acquiring selected nursing skills by
demonstrating the appropriate methods. Supervises and tutors
students during practice performance in the laboratory.
- Creates a learning environment that will enhance students’
ability to use conceptual thinking and problem solving
- Works closely with departmental faculty to plan strategies that
will increase the student(s) ability to meet clinical skill
- Maintains the laboratory, orders supplies, keeps inventory, and
orders various anatomical training aids and multimedia supplies
including computer software and videotapes.
- Provides medical equipment and supplies needed for
demonstration of clinical procedures.
- Maintains records of student attendance and skill performance
in a college laboratory.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing, current registered
professional nursing license in the state of Illinois, supplemented
by a minimum of two years experience in clinical nursing practices
and previous teaching experience required. A CPR Instruction
- Proficiency in computer usage is required.
- Must possess supervisory skills, the ability to work
effectively with a diverse student body and the ability to maintain
good working relationships with staff.
- Must be self-directed, innovative and able to assess current
operations in an effort to develop practical action programs to
improve the functioning of the department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with
the ability to interact effectively with students.
- Must be able to work well within a culturally diverse
environment with the ability to handle all situations with tact and
Excellent health and welfare benefit package and
long-term savings and investment programs including 403(b) &
457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State
University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation,
holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a
more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page
of our website.
Malcolm X College was selected as a Promising Places to Work in
Community Colleges award winner! The award is given by the National
Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD), a
membership organization committed to promoting and celebrating
excellence in teaching and leadership at community and technical
colleges, and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education, a leading
MXC was recognized for its best-in-class student and staff
recruitment and retention practices, inclusive learning and working
environments, and meaningful community service and engagement
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within
6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
This position is represented by the Local 1600 union.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges!