Reporting to the Executive Director-Child Development Services, the
District Administrative Assistant – CDC
administrative, personnel and/or fiscal services to the district’s
Child Development Services Department; performs related duties as
- Adheres to NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct, demonstrating a
professional attitude and work ethic. Demonstrates respect for
children, families and colleagues at all times.
- Maintains and tracks personnel documents; uploads HR documents
on the data management system such as completed training,
certification renewals, credentials, and required physicals.
- Creates reports on the data management system as
- Attends mandated training and information sessions as
- Functions as the data management system high level user,
ensuring the timely collection of required documents and the
integrity of data being entered and maintained on the system.
- Assists administrators in navigating and using the data
management system to access and retrieve data and generate
- Performs calculations and compiles pertinent data required for
budgetary and fiscal reports; assists in the preparation of budgets
and the allocation of program funds.
- Provides clerical support to Executive Director including
assisting in organizing meetings, taking minutes at meetings, and
assisting in gathering data for reports.
- Assists in providing support to CCC’s child development sites.
Reviews reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Assist the sites with recruitment and enrollment efforts when
needed and responds to questions from parents regarding
- Liaises between administration, directors, and families.
- Assists in providing reports regarding content area
- Reviews material, supply and equipment requisitions and
prepares expense vouchers.
- May assist in the interview process of applicants for clerical
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Adheres to the HIPPA Privacy rules to protect personal
information regarding staff, families, and children’s records.
- Performs related duties as required.
Exec Dir-Child Development Services
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Education or a related field,
plus two (2) years of experience in completing clerical tasks and
working with clients/customers required.
- Work experience in a Head Start center or social service agency
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills with the ability
to interact in a positive and professional manner with parents and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be highly organized, motivated, and able to meet
- Must be able to work independently with limited
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
- Must have computer skills and proficiency in the use of
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long term saving
and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b) Investment
Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement
System (SURS) Plan. Generous Paid Time Off and Tuition
Reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please
visit the benefits page of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within
6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of