Home Org Name
AU Performing Arts Center
AU Performing Arts Center
Graphic Designer - Gogue Performing Arts Center
Job Class Code
Limited Term Length
The Gogue Performing Arts Center ( GPAC ) at Auburn University
is excited to begin the search for a Graphic Designer!
the direction of The Director of Communications and Marketing this
individual will be responsible for the management of the
organization’s visual identity, ensuring design consistency across
all communications and marketing collateral at the Jay and Susie
Gogue Performing Arts Center ( GPAC ) at Auburn University.
To learn more about ( GPAC ), please visit: https://goguecenter.auburn.edu/
At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S.
News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn
University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of
Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking
education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless
service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to
academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment,
student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn:
Auburn University was named by
Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers,
with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy
competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance,
generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and
dependents, flexible spending accounts and more!
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and
thriving community by visiting
Auburn University is committed to a diverse
and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion
to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and
inclusion for all.
- Serves as the lead creative and primary designer for
communications and marketing materials. Work includes, but is not
limited to the development, production, and distribution of:
marketing and sales driven collateral (e.g., seasonal mailings,
brochures and performance/event-related materials, special
correspondence, on-site signage, digital communications including
social media and web graphics).
- Responsible for conceptualization and implementation of design
solutions that meet/support administrative, communications and
marketing, advancement, education, operations and production team
objectives. Executes on brand platform and develops creative
- Produces collateral to support marketing, sales and fundraising
priorities, such as annual reports, brochures and fliers,
advertisements, direct mail, comprehensive fundraising campaigns,
social and web communications, etc. Follows each job through its
lifecycle to ensure an accurate and polished final product.
- Supports digital marketing design integration.
- Interacts with clients (internal and external to the
organization and university) to gain a strong understanding of
marketing goals and objectives. Gives presentations that
demonstrate how design solution is meeting objectives.
- Interface with printers, manufacturers, and external production
sources throughout the entire production process.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of
Communications and Marketing, GPAC .
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Graphic Arts, Visual
Communication, or related visual arts field
5 years of design experience with increasing levels of
responsibility; must be able to produce a well-rounded portfolio of
client work that demonstrates a strong understanding of client
objectives and strategies.
Minimum Skills, License, and Certifications
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Minimum Technology Skills
Minimum License and Certifications
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of digital and print
graphic design production and printing processes.
- Knowledge of print production processes, quality control, and
other techniques for maximizing the effective use of print and web
- Thorough knowledge of appropriate software including Adobe
Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, and other Office 365
applications (OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, etc.) is desired.
Posting Detail Information
Working Hours if Non-Traditional
City position is located in:
State position is located:
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus
Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and
veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment
opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex,
religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or any other classification protected by applicable
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Media File
- Reprints of Recent Publications
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select how you first became aware of this opportunity.
Your response helps us determine how we can more effectively reach
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- The Tuskegee News
- Professional organization or journal
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- State Employment Service
- Social Media
- AU Job Bulletin
- Notified by an Auburn employee
- College or university Career Services
- I went to the AU Employment Website directly
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University:
- Current full-time Auburn or AUM employee within probationary
- Current full-time Auburn or AUM employee outside of
- Current part-time Auburn or AUM employee
- Not an Auburn or AUM employee
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Graphic
Arts, Visual Communication, or a related visual art field?
- * Do you have 5 years of design experience with increasing
levels of responsibility?