Adjunct Instructor - Sociology
Reports To and Evaluated by
Dean of Arts and Sciences
Masters Degree with concentration in Sociology or related
Must be able to demonstrate the Morton College core values of
compassion, fairness, respect, responsibility, tolerance and
Experience teaching at a College level.
The adjunct instructor will teach Sociology to a diverse student
population. These courses will be offered during the day and
evening. The responsibilities and duties of the instructor may
change as the needs of the college arise.
Specific Job Duties
- Utilize departmental syllabus template, approved textbooks, and
supplemental course materials.
- Submit personalized course syllabus to Deans’ Office in
electronic format one (1) week prior to course start date.
- Distribute and review comprehensive course syllabus to students
no later than the first week of the course.
- Receive, understand, and follow Course Data Form as distributed
by Deans’ Office.
- Adhere to printed course schedule meeting times and
- Obtain prior approval for any substitute teachers or guest
speakers from Deans’ Office.
- Maintain grade book in electronic or hard copy format.
- Take and record student Attendance each day.
- Submit accurate and certified Tenth (10th) Day Attendance
Verification and Mid-Semester Class Roster or other report to
- Give final exam at the time and date indicated on the college’s
Final Exam Schedule.
- Respond to e-mails from students, staff, and college
administrators in a timely manner while classes are in session
using assigned college designated e-mail.
- Check assigned college mailbox regularly.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Able to teach both on-campus and on-line.
Morton College is dedicated to diversity and is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We seek applicants from all backgrounds to
ensure we get the best diverse talent to join our team. Minorities,
women, individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply
for employment opportunities.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this employment opportunity?
- Morton "careers" website
- Internal posting
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed jobs
- newspaper/trade journal
- * What is the highest degree completed?
- H.S. Diploma
- * Are you at State Universities Retirement System (SURS)
annuitant, currently receiving a monthly annuity, or plan to apply
for a retirement annuity under SURS within the next three (3)
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evaluations (for Faculty)