Senior Manager or Manager, Total Rewards
Are you passionate about shaping exceptional compensation and benefits programs? Are you driven to create a supportive work environment that aligns with core values? Look no further! APS is seeking a talented Senior Manager or Manager, Total Rewards, to lead our dynamic team.
As the Senior Manager or Manager, Total Rewards, you will design, implement, and manage our comprehensive compensation and benefits programs. Your expertise will ensure that APS remains committed to providing top-notch benefits while complying with legal requirements. In addition, with your guidance, our compensation and benefits programs will directly contribute to our business objectives.
APS has a “remote first” concept that promotes equal treatment and equal access within the United States, independent of physical work location, with a majority of staff working primarily from remote work locations. APS values diversity and welcomes candidates from a variety of backgrounds. APS offers a dynamic work environment with an outstanding total compensation package, including salary, outstanding benefits, and excellent paid time off.
- Identify and implement new benefit programs and improve policies and practices to enhance current services and the employee experience.
- Responsible for management and administration of the APS employee and retiree benefits program and annual open enrollment, including major medical/hospital coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, life insurance, worker's compensation, short-term and long-term disability insurance, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, post-retirement coverage, and employee assistance program.
- Manage vendor relationships with carriers and brokers to ensure service levels are met and participant satisfaction is delivered.
- Manages leave and disability programs, including FMLA, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability. Manages interactions with external vendors for Leave of Absence Management program.
- Serves as TPA liaison for post-retirement billing, COBRA administration, and FSA administration.
- Manage retiree off boarding program, including consulting, communication, and outreach.
- Responsible for managing immigration cases: partner with immigration attorneys; answer supervisor and staff questions; monitor and meet filing deadlines; and ensure accurate, up-to-date file compliance.
- Partner with the Director of Human Resources and supports the annual budgeting process to develop an organization-wide budget for benefit and wellness expenses.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience in lieu of a degree will be considered. SHRM or HRCI certification preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 7 years of HR experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of benefits administration and compliance experience.
- Results driven and demonstrated ability to set and meet deadlines while managing multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: ability to build rapport, facilitate challenging conversations and deliver presentations to large groups.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Proactively identify and respond to needs.
- Ability to take initiative in identifying and responding to issues as they arise.
- Strong ability to set priorities, manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in commonly used technology platforms and software, including Google Business Applications, Gmail, and Microsoft applications.
- Prior experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing schedules.
- Ability to work well with interdepartmental teams.
Travel: Position responsibilities can be completed mostly from home location, however in person meetings will be required on occasion. May require some business travel to attend meetings and events as directed by supervisor.
Amazing 2023 Benefit Offerings:
Flexible schedules and ability to work remotely 8% employer-paid retirement contribution Investment advisement services: 100% employer paid Medical benefits: PPO or HDHP option Employer contribution to FSA or HSA account, eligibility based on medical plan enrollment Lifestyle Spending benefit up to $2000.00 (USD) - 100% employer paid Dental benefits: individual coverage 100% employer paid Vision benefits: individual and dependent coverage 100% employer paid Basic Life & Accident insurance: employee coverage 100% employer paid Supplemental Life & Accident insurance, including spouse & dependent child(ren) coverage Disability insurance: employee coverage 100% employer paid Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness insurance Healthcare, Commuter & Dependent care flexible spending accounts Vacation: 15 days annually Generous holiday leave: 17 paid days of significance; includes one week closure at the end of December Personal leave: 4 days annually Volunteer leave: 1 day annually Sick leave: 10 days annually Bereavement & Compassion leave: 2 -15 days based on loss 12 weeks employer-paid family leave College tuition reimbursement plan Job related seminar & continuing education Professional Certification/Recertification 100% employer paid Training and professional development; access to LinkedIn Learning on-demand courses Employee Assistance Program Mindfulness Meditation: live and on-demand classes APS does not offer relocation assistance/costs