Faculty, Tenure Track - Finance
Depends on Qualifications
6/30/2023 11:59 PM Mountain
800 W University Parkway, Orem
Woodbury School of Business
- Teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in finance and
economics in different modalities. Plans, prepares, and follows an
approved course of study that includes measurable objectives for
each course taught.
- Maintains an active research agenda to keep scholarly academics
(SA) status consistent with institutional AACSB
- Prepares instructional materials (ie: exams, visual aids,
course outlines, syllabi, and instruction sheets) as
- Instructs, manages, and supervises individuals and groups in
classrooms through demonstrations, discussions, visual aids,
lectures, field trips, individualized instruction, on-line
instruction, and other appropriate instructional
- Evaluates instruction and learning by means of written, verbal,
practical, and performance tests.
- Maintains a student-oriented approach to education. Recommends
students for advancement and graduation. Advise and mentor
- Maintains and submits accurate and current reports and records
involving student accountability and performance. Supervises
extracurricular activities as assigned.
- Assists department chair, faculty, department staff, and
advisers in building and maintaining an effective
- Serves on committees and attends faculty and other meetings as
- Graduation from an accredited institution with terminal degree
in a related field. ABD may apply.
- Knowledge and skill in current instructional theories,
strategies, techniques, and discipline content.
- Evidence of potential for scholarly/creative work consistent
with a teaching university.
Documents Needed to Apply
- PhD from an AACSB accredited university in Finance and Applied
Economics, or be near completion.
- Obtained widely recognized industry certification(s), included,
but not limited to: Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®), Certified
Financial Planner ® (CFP®), Financial Risk Manager (FRM)®,
Chartered Investment Counselor (CIC), Chartered Alternative
Investment Analyst (CAIA), etc.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness, curriculum planning,
program building, leadership, and collegiality.
- Experience in finance and economics analysis using R, Python
and/or machine learning
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evidence of Degree (copy of transcript OR diploma)
- Teaching Philosophy
- Research sample
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Teaching evaluation(s)
- Research agenda
- License(s) or Certification(s)
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- Other Document #1
- Other Document #2
- Knowledge of subject matter and ability to effectively teach
- Knowledge of and ability to implement instructional strategies
- Knowledge of student management, motivation, and
- Knowledge of development and assessment of
- Record of scholarly work or evidence of potential.
- Record of effective teaching and student learning.
- Record and ability to teach face-to-face, on-line, and
- Ability to apply effectively general principles to specific
- Ability to follow written and verbal procedures and
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with
- Ability to engage both face-to-face and students participating
from their computer.
UVU employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant's
qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability,
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related
conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/uvu/jobs/3807627/faculty-tenure-track-finance