Framingham, MA Category:
Tue May 16 2023 Job Description:
The Associate Director of Admissions - CRM Manager is
responsible for supporting, monitoring, testing, and maintaining
data and functionality in FSU's CRM system (Slate). The CRM Manager
increases FSU's ability to engage with prospective students,
families, and school officers by managing and optimizing the
university's CRM system. This role supports the university's new
student recruitment and enrollment goals. This position
collaborates with the admissions team and other teams within the
Division of Enrollment Management, as well as works with staff
across the organization including all recruitment and admissions
teams and other constituents to support and enhance CRM
functionality, bring about new solutions and advocate for proper
and effective usage of the CRM.
Essential Functions Include:
Effectively utilize Slate CRM system for the Admissions team
including but not limited to applications, recruitment, and
- Develop and render official admissions reports and provide
ad-hoc data to admissions team, and leadership, as requested.
- Collaborate with the admissions team and college partners to
access current functionality, and continuously develop and
implement admissions enhancements in the CRM.
- Develop strategy and lead the execution of all departmental
functions throughout the Admissions lifecycle.
- Build and maintain custom online portals for use by admissions
staff, prospective students, and applicants.
- Serve as first level support for all CRM related concerns
raised by staff, collecting necessary details and triaging the
requests for the team.
- Provide support of daily operations of the CRM functionality in
the areas of communication campaigns, event management, reports and
dashboards, form development, data uploads and other routine tasks.
Establish processes and protocols to ensure data quality is
maintained and to streamline policies and requests for maximum
efficiency and integrity.
- Assist in the development, management, and deployment of system
rules, customization, portal and page layout design, tabs, and data
mapping. Seek opportunities for automation or improvement of
current processes resulting in efficiencies.
- Oversee and manage annual recruitment and application cycle
- Work directly with functional users gathering and defining user
needs, analyzing information about business processes, identifying
system solutions and/or incorporating process to meet unique user
- Support and deliver end-user training/documentation as well as
assessment of use and opportunities for development and upskilling.
Provide functional and technical support of end users with varying
roles and levels of technical skills.
- In partnership with enrollment leadership and IT, implement new
features and update existing ones, to maximize the effectiveness of
the CRM. Provide recommendations for improvement, consistent with
best practices, and communicate any system changes, upgrades, or
clarifications to end users as needed.
- Support the processing and admissions teams and their goals by
partnering with the IT department to ensure the data integration
among CRM (Slate), Student Information System (Ellucian-Banner) and
other tools operate effectively.
- Share admissions data with other departments and third-party
vendors, where appropriate.
- Analyze application data to help optimize admissions decisions
and perform quality control checks prior to admissions decision and
financial aid release.
- Assist as needed with admissions recruitment events on or
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Environment: This position can provide some flexibility for
partial remote work in accordance with the University's Staff
Expected hours of work: This is a full-time position exempt
position. During peak seasons, some evening and weekend hours may
Travel: Little to no travel is expected for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three years of relevant experience
Skills and Experience:
- Strongly prefer 1-2 years' experience with customer relations
management systems, preferably Slate by Technolutions
- 1-2 years' experience configuring, testing, documenting, and
supporting a CRM
- 1-2 years' experience in higher education in particular
Recruitment, Admissions and/or Enrollment Management
- Ability to find additional pertinent data sources and
innovative ways to generate lead data
- Proven track record of successfully working autonomously, while
enjoying the opportunity to work on team-based tasks and
- Familiarity with Student Information Systems such as
- Proven experience in a higher education environment working
- Strong/proven problem-solving skills across multi-disciplinary
skill sets and ability to function in a start-up environment
- Strong ability to effectively prioritize competing requests,
while keeping lines of communication open and clients
- Possess a high level of the following work skills and
behaviors: teamwork/cooperation, initiative, customer service, and
commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and
This is a full-time, exempt, benefits-eligible position in the
Association of Professional Administrators (APA) bargaining unit
with a title of Associate Director. The salary range is $67,000 -
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual
offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final
employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans,
persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity
and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.