Office of the VP for Student Affairs
Job Posting Title
Administrative Specialist, Office of Student Affairs
Work involves providing direct administrative support to the
Associate Vice President for Student Affairs/Enrollment Management
and the Director of Retention. The position performs a variety of
customer service duties. Duties also include accounting and
bookkeeping, research and evaluate special projects, analyze data
and make recommendations, record management and oversite, and
management of office. Position will utilize standard office tools
and technology. May supervise or provide leadership to student
employees. Positions at this level are expected to demonstrate
professionalism and maintain confidentiality of office documents,
records and information.
: High School diploma or GED
equivalency and two years of office experience or two years of
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two or more years of office experience
- Experience working in University setting
- Excellent writing, organizational and data management
- Customer service skills
- Experience working with social media platforms and webpage
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook,
Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
: Priority Deadline is July 23, 2023.
Screening of applications will begin after the priority deadline
and continue until the position is filled.
: $15.06 per hour plus benefits
: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
- Weekends OFF
- Set schedule Monday through Friday
- KBOR 403B retirement plan
- Benefits package with Dental & Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Accrues 6.77 hours vacation and 3.7 hours sick leave per pay
- Accrues up to 272 hours of paid leave per year, (176 vacation,
96 sick leave)
- State paid holidays
- New Year’s Day, MLK Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor
Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving & Christmas
- Tuition Assistance - day one eligibility
- Employees are eligible for up to 6 free credit hours per
- Spouse and dependents are also eligible
Associate Vice President for Student Affairs/Enrollment
Management & Director of Retention and Persistence
- Responsible for attending committee meetings, as assigned, with
the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs/Enrollment
Management. Accurate minutes are kept of each meeting for
reference. Schedules follow-up and/or monthly meetings as
- Responsible for Associate Vice President for Student
Affairs/Enrollment Management event planning.
- Schedule facilities, invites, and activities.
- Assist in the preparation and research for presentations.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Data manipulation
- Assist with development and offering of training
- Assist with Student Communication
- Responsible for submitting appropriate travel authorization and
coordinating travel arrangements.
- Responsible for the reconciling of Business Procurement Card
transactions in Workday.
- Complete purchases, according to established FHSU policies and
procedures. Complete orders, purchase requisitions, bills and
related forms to make payment for goods and services.
- Responsible for maintaining the budgetary accounts for
Enrollment Management, Student Life, Title IX, and Diversity.
- Gather data for and assist with the preparation of the budget;
assist with grant requests and reports; assist with or complete
special reports and other statistical and financial reports.
To apply for this position, please
Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be
Required Application Documents
: Applicants should submit a
cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three
professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name : Chris Gist, Executive Administrative Specialist
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : (785) 628-4277
Community of Hays
FHSU is located in Hays, a vibrant college town of approximately
20,000, located halfway between Kansas City and Denver on
Interstate 70. Hays is the regional center for education, health
care, professional services, shopping, culture, and recreation for
the western half of Kansas. The community boasts excellent
recreational programs and facilities, including the comprehensive
Center for Health Improvement, Hays Aquatic Park, Smoky Hill
Country Club, Hays Municipal Golf Course, and extensive walking,
running, and biking trails. Hays is within 45 minutes of two large
lakes that offer great opportunities for boating, fishing, and
camping. The Hays Municipal Airport provides connecting service to
Denver with several flights daily. The Hays community is home to
excellent Pre-K and K-12, public and private schools. With over 60
restaurants, major retail outlets, a low unemployment rate, and
very short commute times, the city provides a safe, welcoming,
low-cost, high-quality living environment for the residents who
call "Hays, America" home.
Notice of Non-discrimination
– Fort Hays State University is
an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age,
marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability
or veteran status.
Final candidate will have consented to and
successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position:
legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and
your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please
contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org
further information on how this might affect you.