Public Safety Officer
Finance & Administration
St. Catherine University
invites applications for
an overnight Public Safety Officer
Public Safety Department.
All positions are
full-time and paid hourly.
Our Public Safety Officers care about the safety of our campus and
provide help and support to students, employees, and visitors,
creating a safe and secure campus community. The Public Safety
Department takes a proactive and preventative approach to campus
safety, and has officers on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our
officers receive uniforms and safety gear, paid on the job training
and opportunities for career advancement. The starting pay
rate is $17.50/hour with additional pay for 2nd and 3rd
The specific schedule available will be discussed
during the interview process.
- Respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures,
in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of
individuals, families and communities.
- Provide effective response, investigation, and documentation of
unusual or criminal incidents, medical emergencies, and fire
- Patrolling buildings and grounds throughout each shift.
- Locking and unlocking buildings according to designated
- Responding to calls for assistance and providing escort
services, occasionally handling emergency situations such as severe
weather, assaults, and fire.
- Enforcing parking regulations.
- Acting as a dispatcher, handing incoming calls and monitoring
- Conducting routine safety inspections of buildings and grounds
using OSHA and other regulatory guidelines.
Employees at St. Kate's feel a deep connection to the University's
Mission and Vision, and they live their values at work. Benefits
available to full-time employees include:
- Three weeks of accrued vacation time as well as fourteen (14)
paid holidays and six paid “gift” days when the university is
- Accrued sick time.
- Free tuition for employees and reduced tuition for their
families after one year of service
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 403b retirement plan access
- Six weeks of paid parental leave after one year of service
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a
comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation's
largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs
for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet
in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional
education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry
and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St.
in certificate, associate, baccalaureate,
master's and doctoral programs in traditional day and
- High school diploma or GED
- 18 years or older
- Three months of experience in customer service, community
engagement or volunteer work
- Current driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
- PC/laptop experience
- Experience working in security/law enforcement
- Experience working as a Resident Assistant or other similar
student service position
- Current First Aid and CPR, AED, or EMR training
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university
climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural
understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the
university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice,
preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in
their experience and service.
Posting Start Date:
To apply, visit https://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/postings/8020
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our
commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters
of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without
distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that
is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of
religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or
disability groups that have traditionally had less representation
in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an
interview accommodation please contact us at email@example.com or