Custodian - Custodial Services
$14.00 - $17.50 Hourly
FT Nonexempt Salaried Staff
6/12/2023 11:59 PM Mountain
800 W University Parkway, Orem
Utah Valley University is currently seeking a Custodian! Working
under the direction of Custodial Services performs custodial
maintenance duties including dusting, mopping, finishing and
buffing floors, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, cleaning and
restocking restrooms. As well as implementing the safe use of
hazardous chemicals and products and their disposal, including the
safe and proper way to handle blood and bodily fluid cleanup.
Summary of Responsibilities
- (10%) Responsible for securing doors and windows of all areas
and all buildings. Assists in emergency procedures and assists in
recycling and pest control.
- (10%) Helps the campus and facilities maintain a good public
image by providing a safe, clean, comfortable environment conducive
to learning for students, visitors and employees.
- (10%) Maintains all type of floor surfaces, fabric surfaces and
- (50%) Maintains and cleans restrooms, including porcelain and
stainless steel surfaces, walls, floor drains, floors,
- (10%) Maintains offices, classrooms, labs, conference rooms,
dining room, food preparation and serving areas, and
- (10%) Maintains halls, stairs, elevators, entry ways and
lobbies. Maintains inventory and cleans custodial closets and
High school diploma from a standard high school or the equivalent
and any combination of post high school education and/or directly
related full-time experience to the Summary of Duties totaling six
months is required.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Knowledge of training in proper use and disposal of hazardous
chemicals and products.
- Knowledge of body fluid cleanup and proper
- Knowledge of proper radio communications.
- Knowledge of pest control.
- Knowledge of all floor types, such as terrazzo, cement, wood,
vinyl and ceramic tile as well as carpet fibers, weaves and
- Knowledge of waxes/polishes, acids, other chemicals, buffers,
extractors, vacuums and scrubbers.
- Knowledge of current cleaning techniques and proper cleaning
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to withstand strenuous and adverse working
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform skilled custodial duties, equipment
maintenance, and minor plumbing.
UVU employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant's
qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability,
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related
conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/uvu/jobs/4063229/custodian-custodial-services