CONTINUING EDUCATION LECTURER - LINE DANCING (STEPPING) - PART
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Continuing Education non-credit courses are available for students
seeking occupational skills or personal enrichment. If you have
passion for teaching and learning, consider joining our team. When
you join, you will have the opportunity to inspire, motivate, and
empower adult learners to succeed. This position will also allow
you the opportunity to share content knowledge with an eager group
of students committed to learning.
- Responsible for Line Dancing (Stepping) course instruction
which includes implementing effective learning strategies and
environments, delivering instruction of high quality, assessing
student learning, advising students.
- Develop and implement an appropriate and engaging curriculum by
taking into consideration the unique abilities and interests of
- Ability to teach using different methods and teaching styles,
ensuring that participants are fully engaged.
- Inspire, motivate, and foster confidence in all students.
- 2 years minimum teaching stepping classes
- 2 years minimum competing in stepping competitions
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building
skills, teaching within a community preferred.
Malcolm X College was selected as a Promising Places to Work in
Community Colleges award winner! The award is given by the National
Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD), a
membership organization committed to promoting and celebrating
excellence in teaching and leadership at community and technical
colleges, and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education, a leading
MXC was recognized for its best-in-class student and staff
recruitment and retention practices, inclusive learning and working
environments, and meaningful community service and engagement
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!