Serve as Technical Director for the Elmhurst University Department
of Theatre and Dance. Manage and support technical production needs
for theatre productions, dance concerts, and select music
performances in the 2023-2024 production season starting August ’23
and continuing through May ‘24.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate as Technical Director, supervising student crews in
building and implementation of designs, including scenic, props,
sound, lighting, and projection.
- Coordinate with student and guest designers in executing
- Production design opportunities alternate with student designer
- Operation, maintenance and repair of technical equipment,
lighting and audio equipment.
- Train and supervise use of equipment and materials.
- Implement safety procedures and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree required in applicable field and/or
considerable professional experience.
- Working knowledge of operation and functions of technical
equipment, lighting, audio, as well as maintenance and repair.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Master’s degree desirable, with opportunities to teach
Work cycle includes evenings and weekends.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide 3 references, including name, phone number and
email. This may be included in applicant’s cover letter or optional
Elmhurst University is a leading four-year institution of higher
education that seamlessly blends liberal learning and professional
preparation to help students reach their full potential. Founded in
1871, Elmhurst now offers more than 70 undergraduate programs of
study, more than 20 graduate and certificate programs in flexible
formats, and the Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young
adults with differing abilities. Elmhurst University is among the
top-ranked colleges and universities in the Midwest, according to
U.S. News & World Report.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical
component of the University’s mission, vision and core values. Our
commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher
learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst
University is an EO Employer. Elmhurst University prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal
employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard
to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status,
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Direct Link to this Posting