University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which
encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women,
Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice
of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Administrative Support, Full Time
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under general supervision, performs complex administrative and
financial duties supporting multiple departments within FREAS.
• Prepares Division bid specifications for Project Managers.
• Coordinates operations and/or components of functional
programs/events with Federal, local and state agencies.
• Oversees administrative office activities for Planning &
Project Delivery (PPD).
• Provides administrative support to PPD Director and Project
• Conduct research and analyses for University
• Serves as Procurement Card Administrator.
• Reviews and monitors PPD budget expenses.
• Schedules meetings and prepares agendas for PPD meetings and
• Assembles contract and professional services agreements for
architects, engineers, and contractors.
• Coordinates highly sensitive, confidential, and/or political
issues on a frequent basis.
• Interprets University policies and procedures; conduct annual
department meetings to review PPD policies and FREAS
• Provides back-up administrative support to the Vice President of
FREAS as requested.
• Represents PPD and University Architect as the FREAS
representative coordinating and posting articles to the online
• Provides administrative support to the Energy and Engineering
• Maintains the PPD /University Architectural Services website
• Ensures internal and external customers receive timely
administrative support and follow-up services.
• Provides contact with department directors, division
administrators, department management, and executives outside the
department on a regular basis to organize meetings, obtain and
share information for current and future projects.
• Supervise temporary administrative support personnel as
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
• High school diploma or GED, Associate’s degree preferred, and
three to five years administrative support experience.
• Knowledge of office practices and procedures. Proofreading and
• Hands-on experience with electronic information systems.
• Ability to use advanced techniques in spreadsheets, data bases
and presentation software.
• Ability to communicate effectively and interact well with people
of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to prepare various postings and invitations using
Microsoft Office Publisher
• Supervisory experience.
• Ability to oversee the work of lower level clerical
• Ability to understand, explain, and apply rules, regulations,
policies and procedures.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to supervise and train assigned staff including
organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
• Ability to develop and maintain record-keeping systems and
• Proficient computer skills to include but not limited to
proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and database
(proficient using Microsoft Office Suite).
• Must be assertive, tactful, and communicate effectively both
verbally and in written format.
Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in
a diverse community.
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person
on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity
or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital
status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment,
educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and
scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the
Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act
of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII
of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and
University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits
unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual