ATSU's Kirksville College of Medicine is seeking a full-time
Patient Service Coordinator. Patient Service Coordinator (PSCs)
play an integral role in providing superior service to the faculty
and patients of the clinics located on A.T. Still University's
Kirksville Campus. PSCs are responsible for maintaining accurate
patient data, expediting patient care through scheduling, and
supporting the revenue cycle through payment collections in a
courteous manner that will reflect positively on both the clinic
and the institution.
- PSCs must exercise sound judgment in facilitating appointments
with the clinical staff through phone and/or electronic means.
- PSCs will aid in the digital routing of patient medical
information to the appropriate clinic contact for review.
- PSCs will collect copays/balances, triage patient
communications in a timely fashion, and serve as ambassadors of the
clinical staff. In representing the clinic appearance of self and
workspace should be maintained professionally.
- Ancillary support in office duties (patient correspondence),
patient outreach for health reminder scheduling, support for
facilitating referrals and/or outpatient testing, attending staff
meetings, and supporting residency clinic or business operations in
any other duties as required by the clinic administrative
- Support in facilitating student health services or preventive
screening scheduling. PSCs may also triage and route non-scheduling
concerns to the appropriate clinic resource and will be required to
aid in maintaining the appropriate supplies required for efficient
- PSCs are responsible for conveying any item that may impact
patients, KFM, OMM, or ATSU to the supervisor promptly to
facilitate a resolution. All other duties as required.
- PSC's must be team oriented and be flexible in working within
their department to prioritize coverage of phones necessary for
patient care. Compassion, courtesy, and positivity are needed for
daily interactions with patients as well as staff. Employees
handling payments must also demonstrate attention to detail and
ethical guidelines. PSC's must also have excellent communication
- 3-6 months of relevant experience
- Applicants should have excellent customer relation skills with
a patient first attitude
- Excellent phone communication skills and the ability to
navigate an electronic/practice management system is a core
- High School diploma plus 1 year technical training or
- Certification as a Medical Assistant or other commiserate
clinically relevant certifications are preferred.