Arizona State University
KE Financial Services
The Knowledge Enterprise Finance Department is seeking a Financial Manager to assist with unit-wide business operation functions that include Health and Clinical Partnerships and other ASU units. These functions include procurement, budget forecasting, account reconciliation, post-award grant management and compliance oversight. Position will serve as a primary financial approver for purchases, travel, and other expenses.
The ideal candidate works well in a fast-paced environment, has the ability to multi-task while maintaining close attention to detail, provides high level customer service to both the university and external community, is a quick learner who is intuitive about business practices and procedures, is comfortable with database systems, and utilizes sound judgement. Ensures the unit is adhering to ASU policies and guidelines.
$53,365 - $65,000 per year; DOE
- Under direction of the Financial Manager Sr., helps establish procedures and processes consistent with ASU policies for Health and Clinical Partnerships.
- Prepares financial reports and reviews accounts with Health and Clinical Partnerships and associated ASU units.
- Conducts strategic budgeting and forecasting.
- Works closely with heads of centers to create and manage budgets for accounts.
- Works with Principal Investigators, Project Directors, Program Managers, and other Health and Clinical Partnership and ASU unit representatives to administer sponsored projects and awards.
- Reviews and approves financial transactions, and travel requests.
- Reviews and monitors account reconciliations, analyzes financial data and recommends actions to be taken.
- Ensures that accounts and records are in compliance with pertinent university and/or outside agency policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Verifies consistency and compliance of purchasing activities across unit or institute.
- Reviews and may process ASU Foundation payments and transfers.
- Reviews and resolves expenditure exceptions.
- May work with auditors in assuring financial functions are consistent with auditing principles and University policy.
- Performs ad hoc financial and analytical projects as assigned.
- Performs other professional accounting, financial, and system functions as assigned and/or required.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND five (5) years of related experience, OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience overseeing sponsored/grant accounts.
- Experience working with Excel.
- Experience with software such as PeopleSoft and Workday.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial control principles and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computerized accounting systems and financial control technologies to include database and general ledger software applications.
- Experience in managing multiple responsibilities and projects at the same time.
- Judgment to determine priorities and which tasks require immediate attention and which can wait.
- Experience in work that requires attention to detail, efficiency, and organization skills.
- Experience in building strong professional relationships through collaboration and influence without authority.
- Evidence of effective communication; flexible communication style based on context and audience.
- Experience planning, scheduling, and managing task assignments.
- Experience in switching tasks, projects, and responsibilities quickly.
- Experience in problem solving, innovative solutions, and adaptability.
- Experience with federal, philanthropic, and industry grant-funded projects.
ASU is a diverse enterprise with a wide variety of work and learning modes, locations, and a commitment to sustainability, innovation, and employee work-life balance. We are determined to maintain our position as an employer of choice in a competitive labor market, as such the following options may be offered dependent on department needs:
Flexible work options:
- Alternative work schedules can include four, 10-hour workdays in a workweek; a nine-day, 80-hour schedule over two workweeks for exempt employees only; and staggered start and stop times.
- Hybrid work is an arrangement where employees spend a minimum of 60% of their regular workweek at their primary ASU work location. Dean or vice president-level approval is required.
- Remote work is an arrangement where the employee spends less than 60% of their regular workweek at a regularly assigned ASU work location. Executive vice president-level approval is required.
Standard Working Environment:
- Climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of being in a stationary position.
- Constantly detects and operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- Ability to clearly communicate and exchange accurate information to perform essential duties.
- Expected to be responsive to customers, engaged in work production, resourceful, flexible, and respectful of others.
For the eighth year in a row, ASU has been named the most innovative school in the nation, recognizing the university's culture of groundbreaking research and partnerships, as well as its commitment to helping students thrive in college and beyond. U.S. News and World Report has named ASU as the most innovative university all eight years the category has existed.
ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances research, innovation, strategic partnerships, entrepreneurship, and international development. Our success arises from solutions-focused, interdisciplinary research; an entrepreneurial approach that is embedded in every school and department; and a commitment to transform society in a positive way. To learn more about how Knowledge Enterprise is a place for your career to grow, visit https://research.asu.edu/about-us/careers.
At Knowledge Enterprise, Financial Services, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. We value your unique background and perspective, and you may be just the right candidate for this position or other roles on our team.
Working at ASU has additional perks and OUTSTANDING benefits, which include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; ASU/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities; and more. To estimate the value of your total compensation, please visit https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume and cover letter should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To view full description or to apply please click this link: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=4769944_5494