Preschool/Childcare Substitute Teacher
The role of the substitute teacher will be to fill in on a
temporary basis and act as a teacher and role model for children (6
weeks to 6 years) in their assigned classroom.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Provide developmentally appropriate care and positive guidance
for infants, toddlers, and/or preschoolers, in a safe and secure
environment at the SUU Center for Hope.
- Facilitate child-led, play-based, emergent curriculum that
nurtures the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of
young children. Curriculum should include opportunities for
children to explore, investigate, and question.
- Set up and maintain play spaces to support development and
Developmentally Appropriate Practice curriculum approach.
- Support children's social development including facilitating
problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Be responsible for physical care of the children including
caring for toileting and feeding needs.
- Maintain a clean and orderly classroom environment.
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance with FERPA and other
- Understand and ensure Utah Child Care Licensing Rules and
Regulations are followed.
- Enforce all university policies and rules governing
- Work cooperatively with the Child Care Manager, SUU Preschool
Staff, and other center teachers and staff.
1. Pass a background check.
2. Complete the childcare licensing pre-service training.
3. Experience working with children 6 and under.
Documents Needed to Apply:
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a
community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of
every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect
among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal
responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit
of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop
and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among
its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates
creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any
member of the University community on the basis of race, religion,
color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy,
pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases
protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission,
access to educational programs and activities, or other University
benefits or services.
To apply, visit https://suu.applicantpro.com/jobs/2540526.html
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for at least 3 Professional References