About College of the Holy Cross:
Founded in 1843 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the College of the
Holy Cross is among the nation's leading liberal arts institutions.
A highly selective, four-year, exclusively undergraduate college of
3,200 students, Holy Cross is renowned for offering a rigorous,
personalized education in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition.
Holy Cross highly values the unique skills, perspective, talents
and passion that each employee contributes to its learning
community. To work at The College is to accept an invitation to
participate in the growth and development of all campus members,
students, faculty and staff. The College's commitment to diversity
is an important feature of the Holy Cross education. Informed by
the presence of diverse interpretations of the human experience,
Holy Cross is building a community marked by freedom, mutual
respect, and civility. We seek others who support our values of
diversity and inclusiveness. Job candidates of all diverse
backgrounds who embrace the open and inclusive culture of Holy
Cross are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Assist with all facets of NCAA Division I ice hockey program by
recruiting qualified prospective student-athletes, providing skill
instruction to student-athletes, and preparing team for competition
Assistant coach must perform duties in compliance with all College,
Atlantic Hockey Association, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Supports management of team academically and athletically.
Tracks student-athlete academic progress; organizes and conducts
practice activities; prepares team and opponent video analysis; and
maintains records as required.
- Evaluates and recruits prospective student-athletes. Identifies
talented, academically qualified prospective student-athletes and
effectively communicates with coaches, prospects, and parents.
- Respects departmental commitment to excellence, integrity,
respect and leadership. Collaborates with head coach to develop
annual goals for program. Attends workshops, training sessions, and
meetings as required by the College and the conference.
- Assists with fundraising, marketing and promotional activities,
administration of sports clinics, and other duties as directed by
head coach and/or Athletics Administration.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Previous coaching experience required, preferably at the
Division I level.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Computer and video editing skills strongly encouraged.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Flexibility and reliability - position requires travel work on
nights and weekends.
- Understands risk management and works in conjunction with
Sports Medicine and Strength and Conditioning personnel to uphold
health and safety standards in the conduct of all activities.
- Strong teamwork and team facilitation.
- Supports departmental efforts through collaborative measures
and sharing knowledge with others.
- Understands, values and respects diversity within the team and
fosters an inclusive and supportive environment.
This is a full-time, exempt-level position. The College is
committed to providing competitive market pay for its employees.
The College also offers a competitive benefits package for
full-time staff, including:
To review our benefits in more detail, please visit:
- 10% College contribution to the 403(b) Retirement Plan (1-year
wait waiver available)
- NEW - condensed summer 4-day work week
- Tuition benefits
- Wellness programs & ongoing Training and Development
- Generous paid time off
- Free parking and free use of the athletic/fitness
The College of the Holy Cross is a private, Jesuit Catholic,
undergraduate institution serving approximately 3,200 students.
Founded in 1843, Holy Cross is the oldest Catholic college in New
England and has a tradition of academic excellence. It is located
atop Mount Saint James in Worcester, Massachusetts. The
picturesque, 174-acre campus is an award-winning and registered
Worcester is a city of approximately 200,000 people centrally
located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It is approximately
one hour from Boston, Hartford, and Providence, and three hours
from New York City. Worcester is known as the Heart of the
Commonwealth. Worcester offers many cultural and recreational
opportunities which you can read more about here
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and
complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
A member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits
Holy Cross Benefits at a Glance PDF for download: click here
Please attach a cover letter addressing the position requirements
along with your resume.
In your cover letter please address how your work supports the
College's mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college
) and its core
commitment to diversity and inclusion. For more information, please