Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic
tradition of academic excellence and is strongly committed to
enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are
central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and
inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse
backgrounds and life experiences. We are committed unreservedly to
open and free inquiry and deliberately seeks out multiple
The Electronic & Continuing Resources Specialist assists with
electronic resource access operations for all electronic content
(e.g., books, periodicals, media) by maintaining accurate holdings
in the library online public access catalog and other online access
systems, loading records in the integrated library system (ILS),
resolving issues with resource access, and collecting usage
statistics. This position is responsible for processing and
maintaining the print periodical, newspaper, standing order and
microform collections by coordinating the check-in, processing, and
claiming of all current serials and through the planning and
execution of projects related these collections. The Electronic
& Continuing Resources Specialist assists with resource
acquisition by receiving materials and recording invoices in the
ILS, assessing damaged materials for replacement, and selecting
replacements for order.
General Job duties:
- Processes electronic resources throughout the resource
- Coordinates processing and maintaining print periodical,
newspaper, standing order, and microform collections.
- Assists Electronic Resources & Acquisitions Librarian with
- Hires, trains, supervises, evaluates, and disciplines 1-4
- Associate's degree
- One to three years of relevant library work experience
- Ability to work in a team, collaborate with colleagues, and
- Experience using MS Office, Word, and Excel
- Willingness to perform a variety of duties, participate in
professional development, and embrace the values of Xavier
- Bachelor's degree
- Understanding of Integrated Library Systems (e.g., Sierra) and
library knowledgebase systems (e.g., EBSCO full text finder)
- Familiarity with MARC records and continuing resource
- Demonstrated experience with overseeing projects and meeting
- Supervisory experience
Xavier University is committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
We can best pursue our mission as a Jesuit Catholic University by
having a campus culture characterized by inclusion and significant
numbers of diverse students and employees. We welcome a broad
spectrum of candidates and particularly invite applications from
under-represented individuals in the profession. The successful
candidate will have experience working with a diverse range of
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must
submit a cover letter (which should include a statement of how the
candidate might support or contribute to Xavier’s commitment to
diversity and inclusion), a resume and the names and contact
information of three professional references in Xavier’s website by
June 20, 2023
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and
affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational,
health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility
varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental,
vision, and prescription coverage.
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account,
flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance,
accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick
leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible