Adjunct Professor; Graduate informatics
Position's Functional Title
AY23-24 Adjunct Professor; Graduate informatics
Position Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Governors State University’s College of Health and Human Services
seeks to fill multiple adjunct faculty positions. The successful
candidate will be qualified to teach in a graduate informatics
program and specialized courses in the health administration
program. The ability to teach in multiple areas of health
informatics, information management, and health administration, the
ability to integrate technology into teaching, the ability to teach
online courses, and the ability to contribute to the University’s
commitment to enhancing student awareness and appreciation of
diverse ethnic and cultural heritages are sought.
1) Doctorate in Health Informatics, Information Management, Health
Administration, or related discipline. A Master’s degree may be
considered, especially with work experience in the health
information management industry.
2) Teaching experience at the graduate or undergraduate level; or
work experience in a healthcare services organization.
3) Communicating effectively with an ethnically and culturally
diverse campus community.
1) Ability to teach at least one of the areas:
- Introduction to health informatics (graduate level)
- Information management
- Data design and administration in the healthcare system
- Financial management
2) Healthcare industry experience and or a Fellow in the American
College of Health Care Administrators is a plus.
Open Until Filled
Type of Search
Quicklink for Posting
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree?
- * Do you have a doctorate degree in Health Information
Management, Health Informatics, Health Services Managment, or
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience teaching at the college/university
- * How much professional experience at a senior management level
in health services organizations do you have?
- 0-3 years
- 3-6 years
- 6-9 years
- 10+ years
- * Please select your availability to teach.
- Days only
- Evenings only
- Weekends only
- Days and Evenings only
- Days, Evenings and Weekends
- Evenings and Weekends only
- Online only
- Please list the Doctorate or Master's degree(s) you possess
from the following: Health Management, Health Administration,
Public Health, Health Police, Health Services Research or related
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Writing/Media Samples
- Certification/Professional License
- Teaching Philosophy
- Research Documents
- List of Three Professional References