Position's Functional Title
Position Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Governors State University’s Family Development Center is seeking
to hire a Preschool Supervisor/Coach to serve in a dual role that
supervises the day-to-day operations of the Preschool for All and
Preschool Expansion Classrooms to ensure program compliance to
DCFS, ISBE, NAEYC standards in addition to providing embedded
professional development and implementing research-based coaching
that focuses on instructional excellence.
1. Provide ongoing day-to-day leadership and operational
coordination for all Preschool staff, assuring that all regulations
2. Create a staffing schedule and collaborate and communicate with
other supervisors to arrange for substitutes for teaching staff for
sick, vacation and planned time off.
3. Lead PreK Education staff meetings.
4. Attend supervision meetings with Education Director.
5. Provide reflective supervision to PreK teachers and staff.
6. Acts as teacher and covers classroom ratio as needed.
7. Coordinate with Governors State University ( GSU ) faculty to
provide supervision of GSU students assigned to the PreK
8. Ensure all paperwork is in place for volunteers and student
9. Director is qualified and acts as DCFS Director on Duty in the
absence of the Executive Director and Education Director.
10. Is aware of and follows all Standard Emergency Operating
Procedures for the Center.
11. Perform all required documentation and reports and submit in a
1. Implement a research-based, coordinated coaching strategy
(Practice-Based Coaching) and coach staff on Curriculum and
Assessment (Fidelity) and ECERS .
2. Coach and train teaching staff on classroom management. Assure a
warm and accepting environment and atmosphere is maintained for
children, parents, families, volunteers, community representatives
and staff. Model appropriate language and behavior for children
volunteers and families.
3. Create, review, and monitor teachers progress on professional
4. Develop, cultivate, and maintain a professional learning
community for all Preschool classroom instructional staff.
5. Administer developmental screenings as needed.
6. Monitor classrooms daily for compliance to program regulations
and ensure curriculum fidelity.
7. Onboard and train staff as well as provide feedback on
8. Review all lesson plans, individualized plans and child goals
for completeness and adherence to developmentally appropriate
9. Complete required training, which includes but not limited to;
medication administration, managing infectious disease, Active
Supervision, SIDS, SBS, Mandated Reporter, Illinois Food Handler,
· Demonstrates knowledge and good judgment in matters of college
policy and procedures.
· Stays well-informed regarding program developments.
· Proactive Leader – Works well without close supervision and
· Assists with questions and problems courteously and
Starting Salary: $54,231.94.
This is a 12-month position.
(This is a non-unionized position. Salary starts at the base and is
determined based on Education and Experience exceeding the minimum
This position qualifies for an expansive suite of fringe
benefits including, various insurance options, paid time off,
retirement and investment options, and tuition waivers. Visit:
REQUIRED : COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS, WHICH INCLUDES THE
EARNED DEGREE AND CONFERRED DATE MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
OF THIS POSITION (See “Special instructions to applicants” section
Note: Master’s Degree in an area consistent with the duties of
the position may be substituted for
- Bachelor’s degree in child development or early childhood
- Gateways Level 5 ECE Credential (or be able to obtain).
- DCFS Director Qualified
- Three (3) years of experience as a Preschool Teacher.
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience.
one (1) year of work experience.
EXAM TYPE : CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT ( YOU DO NOT NEED TO COME IN
FOR THIS EXAM ).
For more information regarding civil service
classifications, visit: www.sucss.illinois.gov.
• Illinois Professional Educator Licensed Endorsed in Early
• Five (5) years of teaching experience in a Preschool for All
• Five (5) years of experience as a supervisor in a Preschool for
• Master’s degree in early childhood education or working
• Knowledge of a teacher coaching model (Practice Based Coaching,
reflective coaching, etc.).
• Knowledge of NAEYC standards, Creative Curriculum, Conscious
Discipline, Early Childhood
Environmental Rating Scale.
• Experience with Remind, TSGOLD, and ChildPlus.
Open Until Filled
Type of Search
Quicklink for Posting
Special Instructions to Applicants
DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENT :
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the
1: All College/University Transcripts.
2: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates
of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time,
include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full
3: Cover Letter.
5: A list of three Professional References (We will only contact
your references if you are a finalist).
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT :
Illinois residency required within 180 days of the hire date.
CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT EXAM DETAILS :
This vacancy involves a Credential Assessment Examination which
consist of a review and rating of the applicants Education,
Experience, Licenses, and other qualifications. Applicants are
required to provide electronic documentation as listed above to
verify that the minimum qualifications for this position has been
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS :
Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing
final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of
the following documents to the Department of Human Resources:
1: Department of Defense – DD214 / DD215
2: National Guard – NGB22 Form
3: Discharge Orders
4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
Note: Documentation must be received by the closing date of
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education,
Child Development or a related field?
- Do you have an Illinois Gateways to Opportunity Director's
Level 1 Credential?
- Do you have a minimum of three (3) years of Infant/Toddler
- Are you able to perform physical activities required by the
job, which include, but are not limited to the following: standing,
walking, sitting; using hands and fingers, reaching with hands and
arms; climbing, balancing, lifting up to 50 pounds, stooping,
kneeling, crouching, or crawling; talking, hearing, tasting, and
- Do you possess at least 3 college credits or demonstrated
experience in management, leadership or administration?
- * Please describe your supervisory experience in a licensed
child care center.
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have demonstrated experience and expertise with using
ChildPlus fee management database software?
- Describe your experience using ChildPlus fee management
software. How many children/families? What was your position
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have experience using ChildPlus fee management database
software to manage fees in a Head Start/Child Care setting?
- Rate your competency level with Microsoft Office applications
and reporting tools, spreadsheets, and publishing software.
- No experience
- Do you have childcare certifications (ECE Level 4 and Level 5)?
- Do you have a current CPR/ AED certification?
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Have you attached a copy of your Illinois Early Childhood
Education Credential Level 1 Credential?
- Have you attached a copy of your college/university transcript
which verifies your earned degree and conferred date?
- Have you completed the entire application including beginning
and end dates of employment, full time/part time status,
percentages, and full details of work performed?
- Cover Letter
- List of Three Professional References
- College/University Transcripts
- Certification/Professional License
- Veteran’s/Military Preference Points Documentation
- Letter of Recommendation