Open Until Filled
Senior Administrative Assistant
Department this Position Reports to
Dean Ofc DMS
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Hybrid with flexible workday schedule, expect to be on campus for
Center events or meetings 1-4 times per month.
Location of Position
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
The Senior Administrative Assistant serves as the primary point of
contact for access to the Director of The Center for Health
Equity/Associate Dean for Global Health and will provide executive
support in a one-on-one working relationship managing a complex
dynamic calendar and numerous commitments while proactively
ensuring the Director’s time is allocated efficiently across the
director’s administrative, research, and teaching obligations.
Organizes various on and off-campus events and meetings. Responds
to communications on behalf of the Director, exercises good
judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal
communication, administrative, and organizational skills. This
position requires a high degree of flexibility, expertise using
technological tools and applications and the ability to thrive in a
fast-paced environment with discretion and professionalism.
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Associates plus 5+ years' experience or equivalent combination of
education and experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and
- Five plus years of experience supporting senior leadership in
an academic or corporate environment.
- Ability to anticipate needs of the Director and proactively
work toward meeting needs.
- Experience working in an academic setting.
- Resourceful in problem solving, reliable and flexible. Strong
critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Experience with meeting scheduling and calendar support in a
highly dynamic environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set and reset
priorities and manage time effectively with frequent interruptions.
Able to balance competing demands with the ability to quickly
reprioritize as necessary.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build
relations with internal and external stakeholders/partners
- Ability to work with confidential information with
- Excellent communication with strong editorial, proofreading,
spelling and grammar skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to
propose solutions and work in a proactive manner, independently and
in a collaborative team approach,taking the initiative to advance
projects to completion.
- High level of proficiency with a variety of technology
applications, including Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel
and Power Point), web-based searches, Qualtrics, Mailchimp, and
social media applications.
- Ability to participate in occasional evening/weekend
Department Contact for Recruitment Inquiries
- Experience in office administration or program management,
- health/public health.
- Experience in higher education highly desirable.
- Experience in project management and outcomes assessment.
International experience in partnership countries Experience
working with international institutions/partners highly desirable.
Student advising experience highly desirable.
- Grant writing experience highly desirable.
Lisa Adams, MD
Department Contact Phone Number
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Lisa Adams, MD
Department Contact's Phone Number
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We
prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any
other legally protected status. Applications by members of all
underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and
successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which
may include a criminal background check, reference checks,
verification of work history, and verification of any required
academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results
acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not
automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background
check information will be used in a confidential,
non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road
vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this
Not an essential function
Special Instructions to Applicants
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of
tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited
in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated
or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details,
please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
• Serves as the primary point of contact for the Center. Represents
the Director by independently responding to inquiries and requests
for information; prepares appropriate responses to email
correspondence. Based on knowledge of the Director’s views,
composes and edits internal announcements and reports; involves
other Center staff when necessary. Effectively and tactfully
redirects callers/visitors to other appropriate individuals as
• Manages, plans and coordinates the details of a complex daily
calendar to ensure the most efficient use of the Director’s time.
Briefs the Director on changes in schedules, priorities and on
matters needing personal or immediate attention. Anticipates and
recognizes problems/issues and conveys key issues, concerns, and
time sensitive information to the Director and/or the appropriate
staff member for attention, as necessary.
• Prepares the Director for meetings and events: gathers
research/background information, prepares materials and agendas,
coordinates meeting arrangements, and independently executes a wide
range of activities. Attends meetings as requested, takes
minutes/prepares summaries, records action items, and tracks
• Orchestrates logistics for complex domestic and international
travel in accordance with the Director’s needs and preferences.
Prepares iExpense reimbursement forms for submission.
Percentage Of Time
Program Coordination and Support
• Assists the Director and the Center’s program manager in
administering the Center’s student programs in global and domestic
health equity, particularly the bilateral student exchanges
programs with our partner institutions in Tanzania, China, and
• Completes projects and special assignments by establishing
objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining
cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving, and
• Assists with initially creating a system for evaluating the
Center’s programs’ progress in reaching a broad and diverse
constituency of students and their effectiveness in promoting the
Center’s mission and then conducting the ongoing data collection
through a variety of methods, including interviews and
• Assists with a comprehensive publicity plan for all student
programs, including outreach to different student groups and the
wider community (including DHMC, the College and graduate schools),
advertisement placement, implementation and contribution of content
to a Center website and newsletter.
• Collaborates and coordinates programming with global and domestic
underserved activities across institutions including DC, Tuck,
Thayer, and DHMC
• Maintains overall office systems for records and documents
• Effectively communicates and personally supports the Center’s
values to foster inclusiveness and diversity.
Percentage Of Time
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural
awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral (Please specify full name
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered, 'Internal Employee Referral' or 'Other' to the
above question, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter