Job Posting Closing Times:
Job postings are removed from
advertising at 12:00 A.M.
on the closing date e.g., at
midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that
serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students
each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a
community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We
promote student success and community development by providing
affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes,
to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate
applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit
and retain a workforce that:
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable
access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure
the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of
historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through
continual strategic community engagement and professional
development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the
college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and
climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and
low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent
professors who help students achieve their educational goals and
are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic
backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty
Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value
collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and
teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity,
diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Assistant I Accelerator (Hourly)
Job Description Summary:
To assist Accelerator patrons and perform all routine circulation
desk operations and other procedures. Location: Accelerator North
Region; San Gabriel Campus and/or Round Rock Campus.
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Completes routine procedures and daily functions including
Accelerator checking-in, checking-out, organizing instructional
resources, and opening/closing the Accelerator facilities.
- Monitors and troubleshoots problems with copiers, printers, and
the ID system.
- Inventories and maintains supplies. Picks up, sorts, and
- Supports the services and departments of the Accelerator.
- Provides proactive student assistance.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
- Office procedures and practices.
- Customer service techniques.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and
- Establishing and maintaining effective working
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Entering data, maintaining files, and performing other clerical
- Effective customer-orientation when working with a diverse
Required Work Experience
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software
- Work is routinely performed in a standard office or similar
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching,
kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working
conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to
prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
June 10, 2023 Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are
required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne
Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act
(Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If
this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery
Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended
to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the
job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities
required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with
business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or
delete portions of this job description at any time, with or
without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties
as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable
accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the
If you are a current Austin Community College
employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday