University Pay Plan Title
Mgr, Marketing & Communications
VP for Student Affairs
Open to All
$5,416.67 - $5,833.34
Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address
how they meet these required qualifications to meet the
requirements of the position.
- Knowledge of communications strategies and best practices as
well as familiarity with digital communications platforms and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability
to craft compelling messaging for various audiences.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing strategic
communication plans and marketing campaigns.
- Excellent project management skills, with the organizational
skills necessary to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Knowledge of current trends in digital marketing, including
social media, email marketing, and website design and
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in marketing, communications,
public relations, or related field.
- At least one year of full-time experience in a communications
and/or marketing-focused role.
- Master’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations,
or a related field.
- Professional work experience in higher education setting.
- Professional experience in employee and/or student
- Ability to independently solicit information from a variety of
sources to plan and create effective communications for internal
and external audiences.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and
make informed decisions.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a variety of
stakeholders and as a team member.
Develop marketing and communications strategy that drives increased
awareness and engagement with internal and external
Additional Information to Applicants
Job Open Date
- Develop and implement strategic communication plans and
marketing campaigns to promote the division and its programs,
events, and initiatives.
- Create and manage content for various communication channels
including website, social media, email newsletters, press releases,
brochures, and other print and digital materials.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure messaging and
branding consistency across all communications channels.
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of communication and
marketing efforts, using metrics to inform decisions and adjust
strategies as needed.
- Develop and manage budgets, contracts, and timelines related to
communication and marketing projects.
- Resolve common internal communications problems and obstacles
- Assist in establishing procedures for internal announcements
- Provide guidance and mentorship to a team of communication
professionals and student workers representing various departments
within the division.
Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)
Open Until Filled
Normal Work Days
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start
Normal Work Hours End
You will be required to electronically attach a resume, cover
letter, and list of references to your application.
Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the
outcome of record checks and verifications including, but not
limited to, criminal history, driving records, education records,
employment verifications, reference checks, and employment
Why work @ Texas State?
- Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting
your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas
State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your
- Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many
- Excellent work life balance resources: mother and
family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE
- Great training and development opportunities: choose from a
variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning
resources, certifications, and employee educational support
- An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks
offered on and off-campus
- Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and
voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of
the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- DD 214/DD1300
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).