Associate Director of Human Resources, Training and
Reports To and Evaluated by
Chief Financial Officer
Bachelor’s degree in human resources, industrial relations,
business administration, PHR, SHRM – CP, or a related field with
seven (7) years experience; or equivalent combination of education
and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential
tasks of the job. Knowledge and ability to assist with the
administration of all aspects of union environments, including word
processing and all data entry including budget, scheduling, special
projects, spreadsheets and other computer applications. Knowledge
of legal procedures required for an equal opportunity process.
Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws as they relate to
employment and employee issues. Demonstrated experience in conflict
resolution. Good oral and written skills.
Must be able to demonstrate the Morton College core values of
compassion, fairness, respect, responsibility, tolerance and
Master’s degree, SPHR, SHRM - SCP and experience in related field.
Experience with union environment. Ability to use the Ellucian or
other administrative software. Experience in the Illinois higher
education system. Be well-organized, detail-oriented,
self-motivated and be able to work independently with little or no
supervision. Demonstrate good judgement and the ability to work
well with others in a multicultural environment.
Coordinate all general office functions including recruitment,
employment evaluation, compensation, data, collective analysis and
reports. Oversee and manage training, learning, and development
programs including mandatory compliance training initiatives.
Assist with the contract negotiations and administration of five
(5) collective bargaining agreements. To participate in situations
of a highly confidential nature. Develop and submit reports to
various state and federal educational agencies, including ICCB
Specific Job Duties
* Coordinate and assign mandatory training across the institution.
In collaboration with administration, identify training needs based
on human resources initiatives, legal and regulatory changes, and
career development needs.
* Support policies, programs and practices which enhance the
College’s development and retention needs and student
* Conduct recruitment effort for all employees; create/update job
descriptions to reflect current organizational chart.
* Conduct new employee orientations and exit interviews.
* Manage performance evaluation process.
* Develop and maintain online social media recruitment; maintain HR
* Assist in responding to employee relation issues such as employee
complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints as
well as investigating such complaints.
* Prepare and enter data or information from source documents,
rough draft copy or general instructions into routine and technical
materials including forms, statistical reports and
* Assist with all general office procedures which include Ellucian
or other HR systems, completing correspondence, reports and related
* Maintain personnel and payroll information used for Ellucian or
other database records.
* Assist in all collective bargaining negotiations with five labor
unions and assist with contract administration.
* Assist with the design, develop, and modify comprehensive
relational Ellucian or other databases for faculty and staff.
* Coordinate employee recognition events and CommUNITY
* Assist with strategic planning, purchasing, records control,
projects and budget.
* Assist with managing online open enrollment benefit
* Maintains organizational chart and employee directory.
* Assist with all special events hosted by the office of Human
* Attend conferences, seminars, and webinars to stay current in HR
* Serves as acting HR director in that person’s absence.
* Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn about this employment opportunity?
- Morton 'careers' website
- Internal posting
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed jobs
- newspaper/trade journal
- What is the highest degree completed?
- H.S. Diploma
- How many years of experience do you possess?
- Less than 1 year
- 1 to 3 years
- 3 to 5 years
- 5 to 7 years
- More than 7 years
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Recommendation
- Specialized Certifications