Opening in 2004, Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar is part of a
reciprocal effort with the Qatar Foundation to bring excellent
American educational undergraduate programs to the Middle East. The
foundation of CMU Qatar’s success is the extraordinary faculty and
staff who work here. By bringing together a diverse group of
people, we have benefited from the differing skill sets,
experiences, and perspectives that each person brings.
We are seeking applicants for the position of Qatar Payroll
in our Qatar Campus.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources and Operations in
Qatar, the Qatar Payroll Specialist is dedicated to supporting the
University’s faculty, staff and students by resolving complex HR
and Payroll inquiries and by processing system transactions. The
Qatar Payroll Specialist will deliver services that are timely,
accurate and highly attuned to the fast-paced university
environment. More specific responsibilities will include completing
payroll and HR transactions within the payroll deadlines, providing
efficient customer service, and coordinating with the Service
Center to resolve issues.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives in an
interesting and challenging work environment!
Core responsibilities will include:
You must demonstrate:
- Provides excellent customer service to all employees, by
assisting them in resolving any issues that they are encountering
in Workday. When necessary, escalates inquiries to the Service
Center, HRIT, Payroll, Benefits, etc to help efficiently answer
questions and correct problems. Committed to providing a quick
response time to the employee.
- Executes all transactions in a timely manner in Workday related
to Payroll, Benefits and HR; assists users with Onboarding, Time
Entry, Time Off, Benefits, etc. Run weekly reports for Bi-Weekly
employees, and follow up on time submission/approval by employee
and supervisor. Think creatively to troubleshoot any issues and
help to identify process improvements.
- Review allowance requests for staff and faculty; combine
requests into one spreadsheet, to be uploaded into Workday. After
allowances are uploaded, review results to confirm that they were
- Work with Director of Human Resources in Qatar to review and
reconcile pay results. Update Labor Schedules in Oracle for Exempt
employees, and in Workday for Non-Exempt Employees. Run and
organize Quarterly PTO Report for International Finance.
- Organize and assemble employee files; approve employee titles
on business card requests; work with Pittsburgh faculty and staff
to submit effort certifications.
- Hold orientation meetings for new hires to review payroll
deadlines and Workday processes. Add and update direct
deposit/split pay information in Workday for new and current
- Exhibit excellent written & verbal communication skills,
interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Human Resources, Benefits and/or Payroll
transactional processes is beneficial.
- Ability to contribute to an outstanding customer service
environment, which includes strong collaboration with the service
center, HRIT, Payroll, Benefits, etc.
- Ability to identify and communicate Workday system issues,
coordinating closely with HRIT and Service Center to determine and
then resolve the problem.
CMU’s COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of training and
- 3 to 5 years of Payroll experience.
- Previous Workday experience is preferred, but not
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) or FPC (Fundamental
Payroll Certification) preferred.
As a condition of
employment, Carnegie Mellon University requires all staff and
faculty working in the United States to be fully vaccinated,
including a booster when eligible, against COVID-19. Prior to
commencement of employment, new hires in the United States must
provide proof of vaccination or obtain an approved exemption.
(Exemptions may be requested for medical reasons or for religious
or strong moral or ethical conviction.) Staff and faculty must
comply with all applicable COVID-19 mitigation requirements. Please
see Minimum Requirements to Return to Campus for
regarding the university’s current COVID-19 mitigation
HR Services and Operations
Staff – Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Full Time/Part time
- Please visit “ Why Carnegie
Mellon ” to learn more about becoming part of an
institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
- Click here to view
a listing of employee benefits
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity
Statement of Assurance