Adjunct Instructor, School of Social Work
School of Social Work
Posting Link https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/37821
Faculty Appointment Term
Posting Detail Information
The University at Buffalo School of Social Work is looking for
exceptional part-time adjunct instructors who are dedicated to
providing quality educational experiences to our Doctor of Social
Work ( DSW ), Master of Social Work ( MSW ) and Undergraduate
students. The successful candidate will deliver courses by
utilizing the Brightspace platform, also known as UBLearns.
DSW : The DSW program is delivered fully online. The successful
candidate will deliver courses using advanced technologies. For a
description of the DSW program and a list of course offerings,
please visit the DSW
MSW & Undergraduate: For a list of course offerings, please
MSW program website
Please view the special instructions summary for the contact
information for each of the programs.
This is a pooled posting, and positions are filled on an
- Develop a full syllabus using the Course Description and Course
Objectives on the Master Course Syllabus, and following the Syllabi
Requirements outlined in the School’s Handbook.
- Deliver the School’s TI-HR curriculum to help facilitate and
advance students’ skills and knowledge development.
- Attend (in-person or virtually) meetings in the fall and spring
- Function and communicate effectively and respectfully within
the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations,
identities, and cultural backgrounds.
- Maintain a strong commitment to Social Work’s ethics and
values, as well as the School’s mission, values, and vision.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply
including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Two or more years of relevant social work experience post- MSW
- Knowledge of the American Psychological Association ( APA )
reference citation style.
- For the DSW program: Doctorate degree.
- For the MSW & Undergraduate program: M.S. or M.A. in
Social Work (or closely related field).
Additional Salary Information
- Current SW Licensure ( LMSW / LCSW ) or equivalent in related
- Previous graduate-level social work teaching experience.
- Prior exposure to supervising in a social work setting.
- Experience with Brightspace or other online learning management
systems ( LMS ).
- Experience with other teaching technologies (e.g. Collaborate,
Voicethread, Zoom, etc.)
- Experience with online instruction is preferred for candidates
interested in teaching online.
Special Instructions Summary
For questions regarding the MSW program:
Contact Name: Katie McClain-Meeder ( MSW Contact)
Contact Title: Associate Professor, Director of the MSW
Contact Phone/Extension: 716-645-1252
Contact Email: email@example.com
For questions regarding the DSW program:
Contact Name: Louanne Bakk ( DSW Contact)
Contact Title: Clinical Associate Professor, DSW Program
Contact Phone/Extension: 716-645-1861
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding the Undergraduate program:
Contact Name: Filomena Critelli (Undergraduate Contact)
Contact Title: Associate Professor, Director of Undergraduate
Contact Phone/Extension: 716-645-1250
Contact Email: email@example.com
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the
Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that
an applicant for employment provide his or her current
compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as
the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with
compensation. If such information has been requested from you
before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee
Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is a background check required for this posting?
Background Check Notification
Clinical Associate Professor, Director of the MSW Program
Deadline for Applicants
Open Until Filled
Date to be filled
Number of References Required
Reference Cutoff Date
Instructions to Applicant
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.