Job Posting Title
Emergency Medical Technologies (EMT) Assistant Professor
Los Rios Community College District (Cosumnes River College)
Health & Human Services
Temporary Position Category
Cosumnes River College ( CRC ) values diversity, focuses on
creativity and personal enrichment, and empowers students to reach
their full potential as informed and productive members of the
community. CRC is a leader in innovative ideas and sustainable
values. One of the four colleges of the Los Rios Community College
District, Cosumnes River College seeks candidates who are
knowledgeable about the impact of implicit bias in teaching and
learning, and who implement culturally responsive teaching
techniques and effective practices for engaging students.
Serving south Sacramento County and Elk Grove since 1970, CRC’s
main campus and its Elk Grove center provide a dynamic learning
environment for more than 14,000ethnically and racially diverse
students. One of the top ten most diverse two-year public colleges
in the nation (noted in the Almanac of Higher Education, Fall
2015), CRC is a student-centered, open-access community college
dedicated to preparing students for an ever-changing future.
CRC awards Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees,
Associate degrees for Transfer, Career Education certificates, and
transfer credit for students who intend to continue their education
at a four-year college or university. Our 200+ programs include
automotive technology, radio, television and film, allied health,
veterinary technology, and architecture and design technology,
With a focus on improving completion outcomes for all students,
programs like the Puente Project, Umoja DIOP Scholars, and Native
American Higher Ed Resources, look to increase the number of
Latinx, African-American, and Native American students who complete
a degree, certificate and/or transfer to four-year colleges and
universities. Student support services and programs including CARE,
EOPS, Enriched Scholars, and First-Year Experience enhance the
ability of all students to complete college. CRC is recognized as a
Hispanic-Serving Institution ( HSI ) and as an Asian American and
Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution ( AANAPISI
CRC strives to be an exemplary and innovative community college
that empowers students and employees to strengthen the cultural,
social, economic, and environmental well-being of their
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching
assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping
students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course
content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a
thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching
field; continuing professional development; utilizing current
technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards
of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional
position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development
and review; serving on college committees and participating in
faculty governance including accreditation and student
co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as
assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and
responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the
college faculty handbook.
The Emergency Medical Technologies ( EMT ) Assistant Professor
shall provide for the functions of administrative direction,
medical quality coordination, and actual program instruction. The
ideal candidate will show evidence of utilizing a diverse teaching
methodology to address equity and achievement gaps in higher
Position Salary Information:
Initial maximum salary placement is based on academic degree,
upper/graduate level units earned, and/or related professional
occupational experience per the
Los Rios College Federation of Teachers Contract
initial maximum placement is Class V, Step 8). For more information
on the step placement process, please
$52,000 to $88,700 per year. Additional earnings may be available
for summer, overload, and stipends. LRCCD
Additional Salary Information
Initial annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon
units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and
experience. Candidates not holding the minimum degree requirement
may start at a salary lower than posted above.
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to,
teaching courses in all levels of Emergency Medical Technologies,
including both lecture and laboratory in:
- Emergency Medical Technician Training
- Emergency Medical Care Refresher
Additional instructional assignments may be included as the
Department develops new course. For example, this may include
Emergency Medical Responder, Advanced Cardiac Life Support,
Pediatric Life Support, and National Registry Licensing
Teaching lecture and laboratory:
- Coordinating and executing clinical practicum classes.
- Integrating local, regional, and national EMS equipment into
- Utilizing current technology to instruct courses including
using of Mobile Simulation Lab.
- Ensuring students meet EMSA standards for National
- Ensuring supplies, materials, and equipment are current with
industry standards; maintain inventory control.
- Preparing and monitoring all lab equipment for readiness and
effectiveness of use.
- Coordinating with department chair and division dean approving
the annual equipment and supplies/materials budget.
- Maintaining clinical practicum contracts and ensuring students
are meeting required obligations such as drug screens, background
checks, and immunizations.
- Monitoring and managing all clinical/field internships entry
- Managing or monitoring all clinical/field site
- Providing a constant and consistent contract point
clinical/field staff and college faculty. Student advocate with
- Surveying field staff on quality of student experiences.
Providing campus faculty with suggestions on curriculum changes and
- Continuing year-round dialogue with campus faculty on contract
changes and internal politics.
- Completing end of field paperwork compliance audit with each
Assignments include but are not limited to committee work,
curriculum preparation, student evaluation, office hours, outcome
assessment, program review, student activities and advising, and
other duties as assigned to support including various groups of
marginalized students. College service activities are expected of
all faculty members.
To be determined.
The assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid,
weekend, and/or off-campus classes/hours.
Total Hrs per Week/Day
- Have any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of
professional experience directly related to the assignment;
OR have any associate degree and six years of
professional experience directly related to the assignment;
OR the equivalent.* All degrees must be from an accredited
institution completed by May 1, 2023 .
- Currently licensed in California and is in good standing as a
Physician, Registered Nurse, Physician’s Assistant, or a Paramedic
currently licensed in California, and who shall have two (2) years
of academic or clinical experience in emergency medicine or
pre-hospital care within the last five (5) years.
- Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to
and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students, including those with
physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in
learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive
educational and employment environment.
Applicants applying to this posting are REQUIRED to complete
fully and submit:
- If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications
listed above, you are requested to apply under the “equivalent”
- Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must
attach details and explain how their academic preparation and/or
professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees/minimum
qualifications listed above. Please visit our website for a sample
letter and information on the
equivalency determination process .
- Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed
above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not
have that referenced experience considered for minimum
qualifications, which may lead to the application being
- Only information (education, experience, etc.) listed on the
application will be considered for minimum qualifications.
- Applicants, including current Los Rios Community College
District employees, are required to provide official transcripts,
if required to meet the minimum qualifications for the
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts within
60 days of the time of hire.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be
accepted as official transcripts.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course
work at an institution in a country other than the United States
must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees,
and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign
course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary
placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a
college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE
(Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or
NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services)
agencies or evaluators. For additional information on foreign
click here .
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Posting Detail Information
Beginning On (or About)
Full-time, Tenure-track Faculty Position.
Beginning on (or about) August 17, 2023.
Ending Date, if LTT
How and where to apply
Please visit our
Frequently Asked Questions
for complete information on
how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with
any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112
during regular business hours 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PST, Monday
After hour inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu.
Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance
from a criminal background check and proof of identity and
eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of
work. Tuberculosis (TB) risk assessment and Certificate of
Completion must be obtained within 15 days from the start of
employment. The District may select additional qualified candidates
should unexpected vacancies or needs occur. When education is a
requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from
the accredited institution must be submitted within 60 days of
For the latest information on Los Rios Community College’s COVID
-19 protocol, please visit COVID -19
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Can you perform the essential functions of the position you
are applying to with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * I acknowledge and agree that I certify that the information
provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my
knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements
contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted),
and I release from liability all persons and organizations
furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements,
omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my
application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be
cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been
convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you
are required to complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions
for Crime', P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been
dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008).
If needed copy and paste the link and download the form
https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf and attach
the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Please indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for
this position. Select the appropriate answer.
- I possess the minimum qualifications for the discipline as
listed on the job posting. (Upload all appropriate unofficial
transcripts from an accredited college/university.)
- I possess a valid California Community College Credential for
this discipline. (Upload a copy of the appropriate
- My degree title does not match the titles listed in the Minimum
Qualifications section of the job posting, but I possess an
equivalent degree and requestng an equivalency review. (Upload your
equivalency statement and unofficial transcripts.)
- I have previously been granted equivalency to teach this
discipline by the Los Rios Community College District. (Upload the
Equivalency Determination Form P-38 or Equivalency Determination
Letter and transcripts.)
- * Please copy and paste the the link -
- into a web browser. Read and review the CRC Statement concerning
the value of cultural competence and choose the appropriate
response. I have reviewed the CRC Statement Concerning the Value of
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Comunidad
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - Asian Pacific Islander Legacy (API)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association
- LRCCD Resource Group - Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Works
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Equivalency Determination Letter (P-38 or Equivalency Request
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime
- California Community College Instructor’s Credential