Lasell University is seeking an Accountant. The Accountant is
responsible for supporting the Business Office in performing
various finance and accounting functions including, but not limited
to: reconciliations, journal entries, payroll, etc. This position
reports to the Assistant Controller.
Lasell University is a private, coeducational institution offering
undergraduate and graduate programs of study. Founded in 1851,
Lasell is one of the oldest Universities in greater Boston. The
University's educational philosophy of “Connected Learning,”
integrates the liberal arts and professional programs offering
Lasell students both on- and off-campus hands-on learning
Lasell University is situated approximately 15 minutes from
downtown Boston and 2 minutes from routes 95/128 and the MA
Remote Work Tier:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Payroll Specialist
must be a self-starter, and will be responsible for the following
functions which include, but are not limited to:
- Supervises Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable:
- Manages the two staff members responsible for AP and
Non-Student AR, approving their batches and assisting with solving
- Performs various reconciliations including, but not limited to:
clearing accounts, receivable accounts, liability accounts, partner
accounts, Student Awards etc.
- Where applicable, identifies, researches, and resolves any
- Journal Entries:
- Performs various monthly and quarterly journal entries.
- Records and reconciles all allocations and prepayments
- Records accrued expenses
- P-Card Program
- Reconciles account monthly, and creates related journal
- Works with AR/Cash Receipts specialist on resolving
- Maintains controls and suggests updates to existing
- Business Office Support
- Updates daily cash report for review by CFO.
- Reconciles payroll activity each pay period, and creates
payroll journal entry.
- Assists in reconciliation of payroll-related balance sheet
- Acts as back-up to Payroll Specialist.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Education level: This position
requires Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business. A
minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience; experience in a higher
education or not-for-profit organization is preferred. Supervisory
and managerial experience including recruitment, retention,
performance management and staff development.
- Computer skills: Proficiency in Microsoft
Office including Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint is required.
Knowledge in computerized accounting software including Microsoft
Dynamics GP and Management Reporter.
- Other Requirements of the Job: Possess
excellent organizational and analytical skills; must have excellent
communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with
all levels of the organization; must be able to work independently
and collaboratively with all levels of the community and
successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines. The Accountant
must also be a self-starter who is able to apply their knowledge of
accounting to process transactions. Sensitivity to confidentiality
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Tuition benefits
- Generous time off
- Hybrid/remote work options
Interested candidates should upload a letter of interest, resume
and the information of three (3) references using the forms below.
Review of resumes will begin immediately, and applications will be
accepted until the position is filled.
Lasell University requires all employees to be vaccinated and to
provide the documentation upon the start of employment. Lasell also
provides individuals the opportunity to request a medical or
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every
aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its
policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to
every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color
of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic
predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a
victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and
classes under Federal and State Laws and executive
To apply, visit https://www.lasell.edu/discover-lasell/employment/staff-positions/accountant.html