Assist in the successful completion of New York State AHEC System
health workforce development projects via:
Outstanding Benefits Package
- programmatic outreach
- advocacy and support service
- serve as the support role for the Rural Communities Opioid
Response Program ( RCORP )
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There
are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement
plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy
mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to
support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to
learn about our
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public
research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies
ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to
achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures
challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed.
Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further
knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who
are valued for their talents and their impact on global society.
Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research
Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to
an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management,
Education, Communications or Marketing degree, Public Health or
related field; in lieu of degree, minimum 4 years related
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook,
· Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communication
skills, including public speaking, public relations and ability to
facilitate informational sessions.
· Strong networking and presentation facilitation skills.
· Solid experience with program promotion and advocacy.
· Excellent people skills including an ability to work with all
levels of staff including entry level administrative assistants,
AHEC Center Directors and large nonprofit Executives.
· Ability to work with a diverse constituency including academic
students and faculty, centers and regional offices, community
partners, funders and government officials.
· Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational
· Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize tasks with
· Ability to work independently and in a team.
· Interest in workforce development and health professions
· Willingness to take initiative and desire to learn new
· Ability to travel frequently throughout NYS in support of the
· Knowledge or experience in graphic design programs desired
· Strong knowledge and understanding of communication platforms
including digital media and social media tools.
· Experience in developing online content across multiple platforms
including blogs, web sites, and social media.
· Strong independent performer, works well in fast paced
environment, with exceptional focus to detail and follow-through
skills for timely task completion.
· Prior experience with events planning and management.
· Prior experience with the development of program promotional
correspondence, presentations and information.
· Academic setting experience preferred, not required.
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.